Child tax credit question...

I've just been looking at this to try and work out what we might get....does anyone who's already got children know the answer to this one? It tells you to fill in your annual salary - would that be what you were getting before maternity leave (ie full time pay) or what you will be getting when you go back (ie part time for me)? I assume it can't mean matenrity pay, as that's basically the same for all isnt' it?
Thanks x


  • I think you put down your part time pay. But I haven't experienced this myself yet so I am only guessing!

  • As far as i know it is based on your earnings for the previous tax year. So if you had your baby now and tried to claim now you would use the figure on your P60 from april - although you may not have this yet. Presumably if you will be on a lot less eg statutory maternity pay they will take this into account. The easiest thing would be to call them and ask them how it works.
  • Id guess the same as jellyfishpink-but again havent looked at the forms myself so Im not sure. Its quite a funny one that really, because I dont know what ill be earning after Ive finished my maternity leave;10051;28/st/20080729/dt/5/k/9e45/preg.png

  • Oh or what MKT86 says makes a lot of sense too...sorry, im useless when it comes to forms;10051;28/st/20080729/dt/5/k/9e45/preg.png

  • You use your income from the previous tax year, so your full time pay. Once you go back part time you need to let them know and they adjust the credits if neccesary. xx
  • you give them the previous tax year figure and an estimated figure for the coming year
Sign In or Register to comment.

Featured Discussions

Promoted Content