Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

oh poo! (little bit gross,sorry)

sorry if this is horribe, but im suffering when going the toilet. it really hurts and most of the time there is a bit of bum bleeding too. is there anything i can do?

anyone else suffering? imageops:

xx

Replies

• I had this last week! Hurt so much!!!
    You need to increase your fibre so that it makes you more regular, other things I have been doing in drinking orange juice everyday and also taking linseeds as this is a natural way to combat constipation. You can buy these from Holland & Barrett and you just need to take one tablespoon either by them self or soak in juice. Not the nicest things to swallow but really does work!
    Tammi 24+4
    xxx
  • I think everyone seems to be suffering with it - I must be the only one who has not been constipated at all even tho I'm on iron tablets! I feel blessed. Lol.

I eat a high-fibre diet so maybe that is why. Bran flakes are brilliant for giving ur digestive system a helping hand lol...You can get that Fybogel stuff too which is safe to take in pregnancy.

Also - don't strain when u go - cos I've heard this makes it a lot worse & more prone to bleeding. xxx
  • Hi

I was suffering really bad for a couple of weeks. So last week started eating a bowl of bran flakes every morning and drinking 4 pints of water, and now im going without a problem.

Hope this helps,

Kerry 19 weeks xxx
  • I agree with the others. Bran Flakes are fantastic for constipation. I eat a bowl for breakfast every morning! XXX
  • I was suffering really badly too and had a stabbing pain at base of my spine/bum after I did evenyually manage to go. It felt like I had damaged my coc-cyx. Anyway I read that eating apricots is good for constipation and now I've been eating a few every day. It's made a huge difference, not back to normal but much better than before. Suz x