Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ouuuuuuuch! is this normal???

Hi ladies
well I am in agony. My bump feels fine but my lady bits are throbbing! They've been like this for a couple of days now, I can hardly walk or turn over in bed, last night I was sobbing my heart out with the pain. Is it my spd? Its my labia (sorry tmi) they just feel so bruised and throb. is this normal?
xxx

Replies

• Options
    I didnt feel any pain but I did become very swollen and sex became painful as I got sore very quickly (sorry if tmi), if you unsure give your midwife a call and she'll put your mind to rest.
  • Options
    I've had something lke this for a few days, feels like I've been kicked hard downstairs. It's horrible and makes me walk doubled over sometimes. I find squatting helps a little but can't seem to hold the position for long. Seems to be worse after I've been resting for a while and awful in the mornings.

Not nice is it?:roll:

Corinna x
  • Options
    I think it is a commonish problem from the extra blood flow and I'm sure I've read you can get engorgement (similar to that which causes the piles in your bottom). Would a cool flannel help?
  • Options
    Hiya ladies...

I too get this feeling, normally after sex (tmi!!) but I put it down to that everything is more and more sensitive during pregnancy!? It only normally lasts for a couple of hours then calms down!!

How are you feeling today Carly?

Han xx

http://lilypie.com/pic/080703/pY5U.jpg

http://bd.lilypie.com/nPPXp1/.png

• Options
    Hope you're feeling a bit better Carly ? I've been getting this for ages and unfortunately mw just used her favourite phrase of "It'll be the hormones, all part of being pregnant I'm afraid" then prescribed the usual take 2 paracetamol and it should ease off a bit. Sorry can't be more optimistic. S x
  • Options
    it must be a common thing, my lady bits are very swollen there no point me telling my midwife shes bloody crap my spd has got chronically worse she doesnt listern, also went yesterday measured 40cm and she put in my notes i was measuring 34cm and babys head aint engaged yet, carnt wait for it all to be over now
  • Options
    My mw is nice but she really annoys me. Some weeks she's really optimistic and says she thinks I'll have it within a week and other times she'll tell me I'm never going to go into labour naturally! on tuesday she had a feel and said baby's head is very low and engaged and then wrote in my notes the baby's head was "tippy" on the bit about how engaged the head is..what the hell does that mean?! I told her about the pain on tuesday and she just nodded and didnt even tell me what it might be! It hurts so much though, its worse when I've been walking alot or laying down for a long time. Funny thing is hubby and I had sex last night (sorry tmi) and its no worse than normal, still incredibly sore but no worse for having sex.
    Oh the joys of pregnancy!
    xxx