Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

20 Week Scan

Ho long does this nomally take? Mine is at 3:50 and I've made an appointment to visit a nursery at 4:45 the same day ... as I thought it would only be quick like my 12 week scan ...

K xxx
15+1

Replies

• When I had my 12 week scan is was packed but at the 21 week one there was nobody there at 3.20, in and out in 20 mins, it was just brilliant.

22+2

• It depends if the baby is in the right position cause if not the might send you out to have a walk then come back in.
  • I was there 4 hours as the baby wouldn't behave and let the sonographer get measurements!!
  • hmmm i've just posted about my 20 week scan i was there for what felt like forever (it was an hour and a half) cos she couldn't get whatever she needed! fingers crossed you will be in and out in no time xx
  • Oh dear - baby was a monkey at 13 weeks and wouldn't move into the right position so I hope this is a good one !
  • I was in and out in 15 mins

xxx

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev207pp___.png

• I was there for about an hour and a half as the sonographer couldn't get the views she needed do I had to have a little walk and then go back in.
    It's pot luck if baby decides to behave I suppose.
    xxxxxx
    25+2
  • I was in there for roughlu 30 mins! xx But my baby was good and wasnt in any awkward positions and when asked to move (wobbling my belly) she moved bless her...xxx

MKB 23+3
  • We were there for over 2 hours. I had to be scanned twice and go for a walk in between scans...I would maybe rearrange your appt at the nursery just in case!

Bec 37+6 x
  • Oh dear ... we booked it for then as its the only time we are both off work ... I think I'll keep the appt for now and just ring if we are running behind ...