Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Feeling sick - any tips?

The title kind of says it all, I'm 5+5 and the nausea has started to kick in.
I've tried ginger biscuits but its not really helping.
Has anyone got any suggestions/tips that they want to share that i can try?
thanks

Replies

• Try eating smallish snacks every couple of hours if you can. I usually liked plain tasting things in the beginning.
    I'm trying to think of more but am braindead at the mo lol. I'm 31+2 and losing my mind lol x
  • Try eating smallish snacks every couple of hours if you can. I usually liked plain tasting things in the beginning.
    I'm trying to think of more but am braindead at the mo lol. I'm 31+2 and losing my mind lol x
  • I found bananas really eased my sickness and toast
    xxx

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/Y0dUp2.png

• I didn't have any actual sickness but could feel a bit queasy if I didn't eat within the first hour or so each morning. I found Ginger Thins and Arrowroot biscuits really helped if I had to be straight up and out in the car. Otherwise, I just made sure I had a light breakfast without anything milky.

One of my friends found that drinking Lucozade, Gingerbeer/ale or Tonic Water with a bit of fresh lemon juice squeezed in really helped.

Jenny 27+6
  • with my first pregnancy i had bad morning sickness,what i used to do was eat a few dry crackers about 30mins before i got up,which helped me,also some ppl swear by travel sickness bands,didnt help me,sucking on sweets

sarah
  • Make sure you eat something before you get out of bed if you can (send OH to make you some toast!) x
  • Dont shout but....coca cola.
    A small glass when my nausea was really bad helped me. I know other women have said a cup of coffee has heled too. A small amount of caffine will not hurt, its just as long as you dont drink gallons.

I also found lemon flavoured sucky sweets great, I had one before I got out of bed. Crackers just made me gag.

• thanks ladies - my sickness starts around lunchtime and then lasts for the rest of the day!
    I've had some toast and thats' helping plus a small glass of cafeine free coke - feel a bit better now.
    can't wait for this part of pg to pass!
  • Just try and keep your blood sugar levels up a banana mid morning or chocolate biscuit will help. I found plain and starchy stuff was good - potatoes and pasta that kind of thing.

Try not to eat food you love as they never taste the same when you see them in reverse!!!!

I started with MS at 6 weeks and still have it now!! hope it passes for you as it does take over your life.

xxxxx
    37+1
  • Dr Pepper worked for me, plus just eating a little bit regularly. Oh and green apples too, I went through bags and bags of them !!
  • Mine was afternoon, evening sickness too - got worse as the day went by.

I found munching on polo's helped a lot... and I'd second the crunchy apples too (had to be Pink Lady ones though)....
  • I found that strawberry nesquick and diet coke helped but just try sipping it. Hope passes for you soon.
    Mix
    xx
  • ice lollies, salt and vineger crisps, cream crackers, husbands smelly shoes stay outside the house, ginger bread men, staying still!!!!
  • My sickness is also worse from lunchtimes through to night time, so the dry crackers first thing didn't really help, but at one stage I ate them anyway as i was willing to try anything! Peppermint tea worked for a while but now I have gone off that!! I find that as long as I keep topped up with food through the day it's a little better. Ginger biscuits (Fox's) are the best!! Hope you feel better soon
    Kathy
  • Salt and vinegar crisps xxx

MKB
  • hey chooch thats the same of me!! i have barely moved all holidays!