Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Watery discharge at 39 weeks

I’m 39+4 days pregnant and I woke quite early this morning as I’m feeling quite uncomfortable within myself. I went to the toilet and noticed that I had quite a bit of watery discharge (quite yellowish) with a sort of sweet smell which I haven’t noticed before (Sorry for TMI). What could this be? first time mum so unsure on these things. Babies movements have been the same but a lot of pressure in my pelvic area.

Replies

• Hey hunny  put a pad on watch if more is coming....get to on to the hospital..it could be your waters coming away.. mine wasnt a gush or pop as they say...mine was coming for few hours  :) best got luck.. could have your baby soon.

• Thankyou. Been trying to get hold of the maternity unit but no answer as of yet, lower pains in my back going round to my stomach. Going to have a bath put a pad on and try again. Hopefully it’s the start of something.... x 

• Hi if your waters are leaking drive to the materinty sounds like you could be in labour. 

If not get squatting walking moving.. :) best luck x  

• Hoping that u havent replied is good sign and your having baby :) 

• Hi I’ve been on a long walk hoping to start things off, midwife appointment tomorrow to be examined to see if anythings happening. Then if nothing by next week I have a sweep for the 5th October :) hoping he comes before then... got pains in my lower back xx 

• Oh i hope things get going for you. Is this your first??. 

• Me too, woke at 4 this morning with tightenings in my lower stomach and a constant pain in my lower back 3 days until due date... and Yes this is my first having a boy x 

• To me it sounds like your in labour.. start timing them :).. have u contacted a midwife?? Becareful and best luck. Aww my first was a boy too and have little girl too.