Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

14 weeks and not showing

Hi,

I am just turning 14 weeks and am not even showing yet, I am a size 10 so it would be pretty obvious if I was.

My friend is 11 weeks and is already huge.

I feel like people look at me and think 'are you actually pregnant'.

Your advice or feelings would be much appreciated, :\?

Replies

• 14 weeks is very early indeed to be showing, especially for a first baby.

I am (was :\( ) a size 8-10 and at 14 weeks my trousers were beginning to feel a bit tight, but I wasn't showing. I started to notice a difference at 16 weeks and by 18 it was obvious to most people.

Don't worry! And I hope I don't sound patronising, but enjoy your slim figure whilst you can - I love my bump but Im really looking forward to feeling slim and light again.

35+2
  • Hi Jodie!

I really wouldn't worry !! With my 1st baby, I didn't show until I was about 20 weeks - when suddenly a bump apeared almost overnight!
    I'm now16 weeks pregnant with baby number 2, and I am most definately showing!

I think it depends on the room in your pelvis, as to when you show. Don't worry, you will get your baby bump, I promise ...!

Be good !!
  • hi jodie,

really don't worry, everyone shows at different times and its mainly to do with build and how strong ur abdomin muscles are, if they're weaker they'll give out quicker, hence 2nd/3rd etc pregnancies tend to sooner. at 14 weeks i looked like i'd eaten a few extra pies and by 17 weeks i suddenly went pop and have bump. some women have found that they haven't shown at all until 25weeks so please try not to worry urself too much

xx

• Dont worry I didnt show until I was 21 weeks and then only slightly..I have a week to go now and regret the times I said I wanted a bump as I have a massive bump now and its so hard doing anything! so dont wish the weeks away it will happen!

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev311pfs__.png

• You'll be there soon hun! I'm a size 8-10 and didn't show until 16 wks in my first pregnancy.....still waiting to see what this one brings.

You'll think back to now when you're all bumped up at 39 weeks and trying to sleep! Good luck. x x
  • Hi,

i'm pregnant with my first and didnt start showing till i was about twenty weeks. My baby was due yesterday and i've just had this lovely women tell me i'm tiny and don't even look pregnant especially from the back lol. xxx
  • Hi,

Thank you all for your replies, I feel much better now.

Still cant wait for my bump to start showing though.

Have just purchased an Angel Sounds Doppler so at least if I cant see it I can hear it.

Jodie x :\)
  • Dont worry about it huni. Everyone shows at different stages and it is to do with muscles really - nice strong muscles and youll show later, stretchy muscles (esp in 2nd or 3rd preg) then youll show earlier. I always thought i looked preg from about 14-15 weeks but really i just felt big cos i was in mat trousers and felt bloated all the time. Now im 24 weeks and getting bigger every week and i would say i started to show about 20 weeks so not long for you now.

It is lovely having a bump and i know youll be looking forward to it cos i was the same but now i struggle to bend over and cant even cross my legs and itll only get worse. I think had i known that i would have made the most of moving around so freely in the earlier stages!!

Anna xx
  • Everyone is right - we're all different and it'll show at different stages. I'm 15 weeks today and don't have a visibly bump but hubby and I definitely have decided we can see a difference in my tummy. I'm already podgy so think it'll be a while before I have a proper bump!!!

XXX