Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

got fetal doppler today!!!

hi my fetal doppler arrived today and i found a heart beat, its so reassuring,..but something i wanted to ask was, aswell as the heartbeat at one side of my stomach i also heard what can only be described as a slower wooshing sound (but still a steady rhythm) at the other side..i spent ages thinking this was the heart beat until i read it was supposed to be like galloping horses. could this be the sounds from the umbilical cord? anyone any ideas?i does sound similar to a heart beat becasue of the steady rhythm, and im def not having twin as have had 3 scans..i am 16 weeks

Replies

• Hi! I think it's your own heart beat that you're hearing at the other side. I'm 17+4 and would love to get a fetal doppler. Where did you get yours from?

Helen xxx
  • There are loads of weird noises on a doppler, I got mine at 13 weeks and I'm now 19+1 and they get stronger aswell. I'm pretty sure the whooshy sound is from the placenta, I've had it, but I have heard my heartbeat in there before as well, I did this morning. It's a bit scary as first cos you're like 'Surely the baby can't be that slow' but then you find the baby's and realise it was yours! x x x
  • Hi! I think it's your own heart beat that you're hearing at the other side. I'm 17+4 and would love to get a fetal doppler. Where did you get yours from?

Helen xxx

hi i got mine from ebay it was ??20, they seem to range from ??20-80, but as far as ive heard from ladies, the one i have is quite popular. its called 'angel sounds', if you type it in google you will see it but prob cheaper to buy on ebay.with mine you can hear heartbeat from 12 weeks, i am 16 weeks and heard it very clear. at first i was a bit sceptical , but its so reassuring when you hear it.
  • Oh glad you can hear it - aint it great, i got the same one & its fab, ebay is the place to look !

Enjoy anyway i get the same noise you are hearing too - i had out it down to my pulse so its normal