Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnant after miscarriage - Part 5

Replies

• Options

Hey ladies, just thought I’d check in and see how everyone was! I’ve read her through what I’ve missed but it’s too much for me to remember everything.

Congrats on the new babies and to EmJ! It’s scary how close some of you are to giving birth and how big these babies are getting!

Managed to smash my phone on holiday so I’ve had very limited access to anything - also Evelyn is totally keeping me on my toes already. She’s 4 months yesterday and rolls over and over when Im not watching and I find her on the other side of the room grinning 😂. We also seem to have hit the 4 month sleep regression.

How often do those of you with little ones already see the health visito? Ive not seen ours since she was 8 weeks old. Shes now at an age where she’s should have had all 3 lots of vaccinations and she’s only had her first set but there’s never anyone in the surgery to speak to about it and I might starting to lose my temper. We’re also waiting for a referral through from the hospital for her birthmark as it’s gone into an ulcer - but she’s still the happiest baby and can honestly say I’ve never been happier 😍

imageimageimageimage

• Options

Oh it’s MrsB btw - I’ve somehow logged into my old account 😂

• Options

MrsB - I never see the HV but will be having 9 month check soon.  I don’t know how it works where you live butnour HV have drop in clinics at the local children’s centres.  Some for weighing and some just for chats.  Also you can call at any time and ask advice if you are worried about anything.  I think of all is ok, after the 6 week check you don’t see them until 9-12 month check, unless you request or they feel you need additional support.  Tbh I have found them a bit useless when i have called about feeding issues.....

with regards to vaccinations, we just booked them in with Reception, the nurse had a clinic when she did them.  We ended up running late too, Inwpuld just call the surgery and get them booked in xxxx

• Options

Congrats to the newbies pregnancy after miscarriage is so tough I was petrified the whole way through but try and stay as positive as you can stress is not good for baby and it’s definitely not good for you! A little bit about me I found out I was pregnant June 2017 had quite heavy bleeding from 9 weeks, I’d had 3 successful scans including my 12 week scan where the couldn’t do the Down syndrome test so called me back a week later at nearly 14 weeks my baby no longer had a heartbeat it was so tough but I just wanted to start trying again straight away I then found out I was pregnant October 2017 I was petrified the whole way through certain something was going to go wrong but my beautiful rainbow baby boy Harry was born 19th July 2018 I was even convinced at birth that he wasn’t breathing the midwife had to snap a little bit at me in the end 😂 you’ll get through this and what will be will be and everything I’ll be so worth it when you’re holding your bundle of joy ❤️

MrsB I’ve also not seen the health visitor at home since 6 weeks but I do go and get harry weighed every 4 weeks and sometimes speak to them if I have any concerns then otherwise I just do the self weigh! With vaccinations I would definitely get them booked in! Call up and make a fuss that’s what I did with harry as they wanted to make him wait til he was 11 weeks and Because lily had just started school I was not happy with him waiting, I’d had arguments with 3 receptionists and conversation with a doctor and then the manager phoned me and they booked him in just after 8 weeks they then just booked his next ones exactly 4 weeks after each of them! 4 month sleep regression is awful, Harry’s a really good sleeper never have any problems putting him down at night and he doesn’t wake for milk BUT he wakes for his dummy about a zillion times 😂 I’m gunna invent something that just straps it to there head 😂 I hope Evelyn’s birth mark gets sorted really soon poor little thing 😭 she’s a beaut!

mrs fish & Mrs Rees I really hope it happens for you both real soon ❤️ 

AFM harry is 5 and a half months today and we are starting weaning and I could be more scared after lilys choking incident but I just have to try and remain calm! Harry woke up with conjunctivitis on NYE his eyes were completely sealed shut I thought he was having a bad dream as it looked like he was still asleep but crying and when I picked him up and put the light on I could see him trying to pull them open it was awful he was so scared bless him after fighting with the doctor he gave him so cream and it seems to have cleared up now! He’s just such a happy little boy he’s got a smile for everyone 💙

imageimage

• Options

Gorgeous pics of Evelyn and Harry. They’re beautiful babies and they sound so happy and content. I can’t believe it’s weaning time already Mummytolily&harry!

I’ve decided I’m going to book a private scan in 2 weeks- I’ll be 9 weeks then. I’m hoping the next 2 weeks go quicker than the last 2! I’ve loved being off with hubby and the kids but time has really dragged in this early pregnancy! 

Xxx

• Options

Emj I know it’s gone so quickly 😭 it’s definitely Time to start, he done quite well this morning with his porridge hes such a little sweetheart, gunna try him with carrot late this afternoon and see how he gets on! Definitely book a scan for 9 weeks, I had one with harry at 9 weeks and it just made me relax a teeny bit, breaks up the long wait from 4-12! I want to wish the next 2 weeks away for you but I don’t at the same time because two weeks today harry is 6 months old 😭 where has the time gone!!! 

• Options

Awww I really can’t believe he’s nearly 6 months old. It’s absolutely crazy how time flies by. He’s such a cutie. He’ll be eating a roast dinner soon!!xxx

• Options

MrsFish / MummytoL+H apparentoy our vaccines are done by a central database - or so reception told me. Oddly enough a letter arrived this morning after my rant on Thursday (post dated yesterday) so that’s out of the way! 

Harry is so cute! Are you doing baby led weaning or just a mix of puree etc? 

So ive just been to the loo and when I wiped it was pink. Im not due AF for a week and Im awful at the pill. Hubby has essentially said I better not be pregnant. Don’t feel like I am but hey! We shall find out x

• Options

That’s so bad! they give the vaccinations at those weeks for a reason that’s how I see it anyway, if you don’t rant you don’t get anywhere! Glad she’s finally gunna have them! I received letters for harry after he’d had them 🙄 we are doing all purees for now, lily choked when she was 7 months on a bit of melon so don’t want to take any chances this time as she stopped breathing completely, I was seconds away from calling an ambulance when my stepdad managed to get it up so weaning isn’t my favourite part 😭 I have The implant because i Was so bad at taking the pill especially with having kids you can’t Just leave them on the side anymore! 

• Options

MummytoL+H weaning must be scary after Lily nearly choking. I’m looking forward to trying her with all the flavours but not that side of things. How did he like today’s food choices?

How big is Harry now? I feel like I have a huge baby - 16lb2 when I checked at home (probably not too accurate since she was clothed). I just started back at slimming world and there’s a wee boy comes along whose 12 months and they’re the same length 😂! Maybe he’s just little. 

I was on the implant before for years but it made me a proper psychopath - I didnt realise until it came out and hubby knew no different since I’d always had it. I’m scared of trying anything else and if I’m totally honest, if it happens it happens eh, we were looking to start trying again when she’s one anyway.

• Options

Very scary! He done really well tbh not bad for his first time he had porridge in the morning and carrot for dinner he of course didn’t eat much but he had a try, so proud of him 😍 the last time I had him weighed was the 20th dec so he was 5 months and 1 day 😂 and he weighed 17lb 13oz! Which was following his line (50th) aww kids definitely come in all shapes and sizes there’s kids in lilys class that are loads taller than her and loads shorter than her and they’re all practically the same age :) I wouldn’t worry! what size clothes is she in? If it helps harry was 64cm long at 17 weeks! How are you getting on at slimming world? I’ve lost 2 stone 1lb since August (would of been 2 stone 5lb but I put on 4lb over Christmas hahaha) it makes me really snappy at oh but if hes adamant he doesn’t want any more kids it’s the only option because I’m not going on anything else 😂  

• Options

Aw look how happy he is 😍 I love his bib too! Evelyn was 57cm last I measured her but she’s definitely stretched since then, I think she’s in 3-6, most of her clothes are an American 6m (thanks Nana) which is about the equivalent and they’re about right for length but she’s really skinny and still fits 0-3 vests (all arms and legs).

SW going ok, not had my first weigh in yet but I did well and lost 2.5 stone before I fell pregnant. I ended pregnancy another 2st down since I couldn’t stomach anything really but fruit and veggies but it’s started to creep back on over Christmas :(. I really want to lose about 5 stone before we have another as I was too high risk for the water birth I wanted due to my weight. 

Still spotting today but I’m think the healthy eating might have jump started my period so it’s early. I need to ring up the dr for more pills ASAP 😂

• Options

MrsB flying can also mess with your cycle.  Well done on all the weight loss 🎉👍 fab job - I could do with losing a few stone, but not so motivated at the mo.....

• Options

Mrsb he had avocado and pear tonight and hated it 😭 oh bless her! Harry’s still in 3-6 but they’re getting a bit small in length but 6-9 look huge!! He’s quite slim but just so long! How old is Evelyn now? He’s also still in 0-3 months vests mainly because I always forget to buy Vests 😂😂😂 I’ve kept harry just in sleepsuits all this time and I said at 6 months I would put him in proper clothes and I don’t want to 😭 I love sleepsuits him in sleepsuits so much 😭 well done on the weight loss that’s great you’ll lose that 5 stone no problem just keep in your mind about wanting to do it before another baby and youll find the motivation! I wasn’t allowed to give birth in the pool with lily because I put on 5 stone 😂😂😂 

mrs fish I never knew that about flying!! That’s crazy! 

• Options

Back on my normal log in! She's just gone 4 months this week. I think it defo is just my AF early since it's getting heavier now. I never knew that about flying either! 

• Options

Hi ladies good luck with the weight loss with slimming world I had lost 2st 9lbs since February 2017 and have already put on about 7 1/2lbs. I was 12stone 6 and got down to 9 stone 9 lb but I am now 10stone something or another I m tKing a break from it whilst pregnant but trying not to put on to much weight of that makes sense.I have just had to buy maternity clothes mostly second hand on ebay but I feel huge and not very comfortable in my primemark leggings so also getting maternity jeans as well. Anyway I hope you are all well and your lovely babies are to xxx

• Options

Hi ladies! 

Gorgeous babies! 

Been quiet on here this week had a crazy few days... had bleeding yesterday which panicked me completely, had a scan today and saw gestational sac and yolk sac all in the right place and they’ve dated me around 5weeks5days they said that’s what they expect to see this early on, also had hcg levels taken yesterday and they’re at 13,000 although no follow up... 

got another scan on 22nd which will make me 7+5. 

How are you emj3 have you booked your scan yet? 

MrsRees how are you doing? 

Starryeyes any luck on what was happening? Xx

• Options

Sorry you have had some bleeding but I am so glad the scan was all good and your hcg levels are high as well so hoping everything will be okay for you fingers crossed for you. I had a few spots at 5 weeks as well and had a scan so it can happen but it's horribly worrying when it does ..anyway fingers crossed for you x 

• Options

Glad scan went well claudsanch did they day what they think the bleed was??

I’m good thanks bit disappointed that af has started and should be in full force tomorrow, I covered my days well this cycle and dtd loads over Christmas I think I ovulated around Christmas or Boxing Day But can’t be sure as my body doesn’t tend to give me signals I may get some opk this cycle to see if my dates for it are right im about 27/28 days 

bit frustrating as I thought I may have gotten lucky this cycle but never mind 

on good news though I did buy my first car this weekend gone so that’s exciting 

• Options

Annoying about your af mrsrees 🤞🏻🤞🏻 For next month! Exciting about your car!!!

claudsanch and lou, how are you both?

how is everyone else getting on?

xxxx