Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pregnant after miscarriage - Part 5

Replies

• Thank you emj3! I’m still nervous and scared but just going to enjoy it now and be thankful That I’ve gotten this far! 

how are you feeling? Scan booked yet? Xx

• That’s a positive way to look at it. I’m thinking of trying to book one for Thursday night- don‘t want to go on about it but I’m just so scared. Need to phone midwife too but I’m frightened of jinxing anything. I know it sounds stupid- even I think I’m stupid!! Xxx

• good luck for scan emj3 I had early one last week as well due to ectopic they’re very reassuring xx

• Claudsanch congratulations on the scan so glad all is good xx

• Emj your definetly not stupid, scans are really scary because you don’t want to go and find out the bad news, if there is bad news anyway, you’ve just gotta have hope that all will be ok 

unfortunatly we’ve had the excitement and wonder of a scan taken away from us and replaced with fear and dread and don’t enjoy them as much :( if you do decide to have the scan I really hope all goes well :) when I eventually get pregnant I’m Gunna have a scan at 6 1/2 weeks with epu then if all goes well a scan at 9 1/12 weeks private as those are the weeks I’ve lost babies at 

• Emj3 your not stupid! I had panic attacks and tears before all my early ones. I dreaded them just as much as I looked forward to them. Private scans after the 12 week mark every few weeks helped loads though. You will always think the worse but don't forget to hope for the best.

How is everyone else? I started packing my maternity bag last night. Still not finished it but it's feeling scary real now. The pressure down below is so bad that it's difficult to sit down but apart from that I'm good. Told my consultant yesterday that I didn't want to be sterilised at the c section and if labour started naturally I wanted to give it a go too. Baby was estimated at 6lb 9 Oz last Thursday, final growth scan is next Thursday 😃

• Emj3 you are not stupid! go at your own pace and when you feel ready book your appointments, but you are not stupid!xxx

• For all u ladies with excess cm it's totally normal it's the body cleaning the vagina to prevent infection of the cervix to protect baby so it's totally normal to have a lot more x

• Girls when you where ttc did my of you have shorter cycles mine is 27 days at the moment and not ovulate when you’d expect to?? 

I’d guess at day 13 for ovulation for a 27 day cycle but I got loads of ewcm yesterday morning on cd15 bit worried I will have a really short luteal phase which I’ve heard isn’t good for conceiving 

any ideas?? 

• I’m really not sure mrsrees but get baby dancing!!!! 

As for me. I braved it...

• Cand home from work, cried for a few hours with nerves and then booked the scan and went. 10 weeks exactly, arms waving- everything good so far.xxx

• That’s frilliant emj lovely scan so glad it’s going well xxx

• Congratulations emj & claudsanch really pleased for you both!! 

I went to see a psychic yesterday & she told me the baby I lost last year was a little boy and he had problems with his legs, tummy & heart but he's ok now. I almost burst into tears. She said loads of other stuff she knew Oscars name how I'd been monitored alot how anxious I was. It's put closure on my miscarriage now I know he's ok. I suspected he had developmental problems as you could see from the scan, it's also nice to have a gender. I hope I can give him a proper name now x

• Steffy, I’m glad that’s helped. Anything that helps is a good thing. It’s such a traumatic thing to go through. Any signs of Oscar making his arrival yet?xxx 

• Yea it definitely is. No I've had pains but they go again. Xxx

• Emj congratulations on your scan I’m so pleased for you. Your so close to 12 weeks where you can some what relax a little. 

Mrsreese I don’t know much about the cycle phases but if you’ve got ewcm keep getting busy fingers x😊

• Thanks ladies. Hopefully this little been keeps waving away!xxx

• Emj3, lovely scan pic. So happy for you!

Mrs Rees, the month I fell pregnant I actually had a shorter cycle but my cycles vary from month to month for some reason 🤦🏻‍♀️ Hopefully January is your lucky month!🤞🏻

Steffy, that’s great that it gave you some closure! I‘ve always wanted to go to a psychic but I’m terrified they’ll tell me I don’t have long to live or something like that 😂

• Congratulations to all having scans and receiving good news.. I saw the doctor the other day who has booked the midwife for me and said they will be sending me for an earlier scan to check everything after a blighted ovum and then a miscarriage back to back last year she wants to reassure me that things seem fine... I have none of the symptoms I had last year I was very poorly from the start couldn't work or do anything I couldn't eat was sick all the time suffered terrible headaches couldn't sleep.. Symptoms stopped for me at 8 weeks and I felt normal still struggled with headaches and sleep and food... This time I feel fine boobs are so so sore a little tired but I'm a carer in the community and work long hours.. Everything feels so different this time around.. This does not stop the worry or the fear though.. Reading the  Posts on here helps massively as there so much positivity.. Congratulations again to all.. And good luck to everyone still trying don't give up its taken me a year to get to this point now and I honestly had given up hope xxxxx