Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Aynone else feel like a baby cooker!?

I'm aware this probably sounds incredibly selfish but I'm abit pissed off! I've got a urine infection and have spent the last 4 days being bounced back and forth between my gp and a&e with no-body able to make a decision about what to do with me,,,

My gp has been telling me I've pulled a muscle, Friday at A&E I was told there wasnt any antibiotics safe for use in pregnancy. We have gone back today because I've been feeling sick, in the night I had a temperature and not to mention the pain! And surprise surprise, I do have an infection. The A&E doctor was told by his senior that Amoxacillin was best but as I'm allergic to Penicillin (same group of drug) I had to be transferred upto the ante-natal ward for monitoring whilst I was given it. I was seen up there by a lovely midwife who confirmed that the baby was fine :\) Then another doctor came in to tell me there was a different type of antibiotic she would prefer to give me and this meant I could go home. She took vaginal swabs to make sure nothing else was going on and let me come home with an appointment to see my consultant in a week.

Do you know what my in-laws have said?! 'well as long as the baby is ok, thats all that matters' obviously yes the baby is the first priority, but no sympathy for me, no concern that I'm ok.... I'm tired, I've spent the last 4 nights sitting on the loo weeing every 5 minutes, baby isn't lying in the best position which doesn't help with the pain I'm having, I'm sore, I have horrible backache, I'm sore underneath after having the swabs taken (like having a smear) and not one ounce of fecking sympathy for their DIL!!! :x

Sorry for the rant, feeling really sorry myself and rather cross with them!

Replies

• Cranberry juice is actually better for preventing uti than treating them.... I try to drink a glass a day (I have history of uti) but it gives me horrendous heartburn atm!!! I'm drinking gallons of water though :lol:
  • Oh poor you! I can tottaly sympathsise, when I was about 10 weeks pregnant I woke up with the most terrible rash all over which looked alot like chicken pox. As I hadn't had chicken pox when I was little I was terrified and ended up at the emergancy doctor who was no help at all, she said it looked like an allergy not chicken pox but she wasn't sure. To cut a long and tearful story short I eventually got home, MIL was due to visit (FIL died about 2 years ago) and the first thing she said to me was exactlly the same, 'As long as the baby is ok that's all that matters' Sod the fact that I was covered in a horrible itchy rash and that I wanted to crawl back to bed, not go out for lunch with her!
    Hope you feel better soon hun, being ill when you are pregnant and not allowed to take anything is the pits.
    xx
  • Awww poor you Bedhead! at the opposite end of the scale I had to tell my mum that the baby was fine she was more concerned about me :lol: But at least she was sympathetic 'hot bath and then on the sofa in your pj's, don't move a muscle.... and I hope your not thinking of going to work tm?'

What has really riled me though was not them not being sympathetic, just the lack of thought of how I might be feeling. Doesn't even seem to have occured to them I might have been really scared for my babies welfare, never mind them!

In laws hey!? :roll:

[Modified by: MrsT on June 29, 2008 06:43 PM]
  • Sending loads of sympathy your way...

I know how you feel about the doc's, the felst hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing and all you want is some consistancy.

In-laws were invented to be annoying... that's all I can say on that matter!

Hope you feel well soon...x
  • Can totally sympathise with you on this one! I am so sick of being treated by an incubator by my inlaws. All they do is ask how baby is, never mind how am I or anything! We went there for dinner earlier and I have really really gone off peas so I didnt finish them and my FIL said "you need to eat those for the baby" and actually refused to let me have ice cream!
    xxx
  • Can totally sympathise with you on this one! I am so sick of being treated by an incubator by my inlaws. All they do is ask how baby is, never mind how am I or anything! We went there for dinner earlier and I have really really gone off peas so I didnt finish them and my FIL said "you need to eat those for the baby" and actually refused to let me have ice cream!
    xxx

OMG Carly image My hubby tries this one on me if I don't finish something on my plate, only I give him the stare (and usually the V's!) and I know it's only in jest.... He claims hes practising imageimage Can't believe your FIL really did that though!!!
  • I just read this to my OH and he smiled with dimples because he done EXACTLY the same thing to me a couple of days ago! lol and then told me off for 'hiding veg in his dinner like he was a child'! men! lol x
  • Aw hun, I can totally sympathise with the uti problem as I suffer with them loads, the last one I had was a week before I found out I was pregnant and it was probably the worst one I've ever had, I was peeing blood and could not get off the toilet and was in absolute agony. I was given some antibiotics although I can't remember which ones and was told they were safe to take during pregnancy (I'm also allergic to penicillin)! I suffer a lot with uti's and drink lemon barley water to flush out the kidney's, this is the next best thing to taking antibiotics.

I hope it clears up soon and that you're feeling better.

http://bd.lilypie.com/sPnXp1/.png

• I havent had anything as bad as that but I know what you mean hun.
    I think once you become pregnant people seem to suddenly forget that you are actually a person yourself-you become public property and are up for anyone to touch or openly discuss right in front of your face no matter how rude they're being (either about your size, choice of certains things-baby name, whether your finding out sex or not ect. or what you choose to do)
    I mean yes-its great that babies ok, but your right-thats not the only thing that matters. I fell over a few months ago-ended up falling on my knees, it really hurt but as soon as I told oh belly was fine he relaxed completely and wasnt fussed that I had actually fell and was in pain. Hope your feeling better now anyway xxxxx

http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/1;10051;28/st/20080729/dt/5/k/9e45/preg.png

• I know, my FIL actually refused me ice cream! I could have cried because it was raspberry ripple (my favourite), I felt like such a big kid! I ate about 3 mouth fulls of them but I hate peas and was actually nearly sick on the last mouth full. I'm an adult so I think I should be allowed to pick and choose what i do and dont want to eat!
    xxx
  • Lol my hubby is the same as it_must_be_love and MrsT's - and usually gets met with the same response of glaring and the finger! image

It's annoying isn't it Carly - you get made to feel like you're depriving the baby on purpose - if i could eat the perfect veggie filled diet i would, but it makes me feel sick so gimme my ice cream dammit!!!! image xxx
  • I know, I feel really bad because veggies do actually make me gag! I take pregnacare though so trying not to feel too bad.
    xxx
  • I hate veggies too - except for green beans for some reason... i'm trying to eat lots of fruit to make up for it but the naughty stuff is so much more tempting xxx