Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Cramps in the early days?

Hey everyone,

The only thing that is stopping me feeling 100% normal at the moment (no symptoms) is mild stomach cramps on and off throughout the day. AF is due tomorrow and I got my BFP quite early, 3 days ago, so I'm doing a little bit of worrying that it's not a good sign!

Did anyone else have this in their early days?

Thanks
Kat x
4+1!

Replies

• I am about 6 weeks and have had cramps similar to AF pains since i have found out i am pg, altough thye have worn off a little bit compared to what they were like x
  • Hi!
    i am 4+6 and am also having cramps... they are a bit worrying aren't they... however my af is 7 days late tomorrow and i have not had even the smallest spot,speck, drop of blood, so i hope that means everything is okay!

i did ask on here about cramps the other day and loads of girls said they had experienced them... that made me feel loads better...
    have you got a book? i have the what to expect book... you can go on their website - and there is a question about cramps on there!
  • Thank you so much for the reassurance ladies, it's much appreciated! I have read a few posts saying the same thing but to be honest I just needed a bit more reassurance.

I agree, it is a bit worrying Mrs Beck! It just feels really bizarre having them as they're just so associated to AF.

I have a couple of books actually but neither of them mention cramps, I'll have a look on their website though, thanks!

Thanks again xx
  • i had these up until about 9 weeks then again at certain points when i was having growth spurts x

becca
    38+4
  • there is a question about cramps in the what to expect book, i think it is in the 1st month section... its was quite reassuring... i don't think i will stop worrying until i have that little bub in my arms!
  • I've had a look on the website Mrs Beck, it's really interesting actually! Their due date calculators wonky though, it's adding a month onto due dates, and put me at 5+1 when actually I'm 4+1!

Thanks for the recommendation x
  • I had cramps for the first month or so and then on and off throughout pregnancy as I have had growth spurts. They are totally normal.

Mrs Beck, having bubs in your arms won't stop you worrying lol, you will just worry about different things!!

34+6
  • mmmm you're probably right!!!