Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Chinese food is ok isnt it?

I have googled this and all seems to be ok - i ate a few indian take aways in early pregnancy and have so far avoided chinese but i really really want crispy shredded beef (in a kind of soy sauce - yum) with egg fried rice (which i figure is ok as its not raw egg?) so hubby is going to take me out tonight to a lovely wee chinese we have ate in quite alot pre pregnancy so i trust the source...is this ok?

I know im prob just being silly but tell me some of you have eaten chinese lol? Also are prawn crackers ok? i would assume so as alot dont even contain prawns and even then its just oil and its only raw shellfish they say not to eat? (i dont like prawns lol but like them with my dinner) and as we are out i would prob have some chicken and sweetcorn soup to start..

im hungry just thinking about it - table is booked for 7.30 and im quite excited as we havent gone out for dinner since i got my BFP as im so paranoid about everything eg it might be poison me or be bad for the baby etc...but i really want to go out toniht and have a nice night with hubby and enjoy myself and not worry (although i know i will be listening in with my doppler again just to check all is ok after eating)

Lx
(21 weeks today!)

Replies

• Hi, I've had a few chinese takeaways and I've been fine! You should go out and enjoy yourself!
  • U'll be fine. I've been eating chinese since finding out I was pregnant. We always have a chinese every other sunday night as a treat & I never changed the habit when I found out I was pregnant.

So go & enjoy yum yum!!! & eat as many prawn crackers as u like, I usually have most of them!!

Jayne 31+1
  • Thanks daffodil im sure lots of girls have and have been fine and so have their beans im just such a worrier!

Im deffo goin to go out and enjoy it as i dont plan to have it again but im soo looking forward to eating it (hopefully pumpkin will like it too lol) and have a nice night with my hubby as as i said we havent really been out much since bfp through fear and exhaustion...

Lx
  • Blimey I never gave chinese a second thought and have had it a few times lol - no ill effects so assume it's fine!! image
  • Thanks jayne..i will def be munching on the prawn crackers now lol!

Lx
  • A big fat yes! Its fine.... mmmmmmm hehe xx
  • Ive been eating that and curry since BFP.....I think we get panicked so much by what we should and shouldnt eat that it puts us into panic mode! Ive even had the odd bit of pate on toast.....everything in moderation, cause lets face it......women have been having children for years and what did they do before we knew all this stuff! Dont worry hun, you've got this far, start enjoying it....your growing a little person inside you now image xxx

http://lmtf.lilypie.com/YZf9.png

• i think chinese food in general is not good due to the msg, but no more so being pregnant. and you can have prawns. they are not raw.
  • omg i hope its not bad, had it through my last two pregnancies n this one, i love chinese food yummy !!!!