Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Unusual cm

Hi everyone,

I just got my bfp on Saturday, Know I should be feeling excited but I feel like I'm worrying about everything.
Please can someone offer me some advice. I'm only about 5 weeks pregnant and today I've had some achey tummy pain and lower back ache. These have stopped now but it did feel like af was about to arrive. Also my cm has got a brownish tinge to it. There isn't alot at all but just enough to leave a mark on my knicks.
I really don't know what to think. I haven't told my oh as I don't want to worry him without good cause. My appointment with the midwife isn't until 18th December so should a go to the doctors, or wait a couple of days and see what happens.
Would really appreciate your thoughts, thanks girls :\(
xxx

Replies

• Hi Shrewpin,

I had about 2 weeks of bleeding around the time I got my BFP. I saw my GP about it and she wanted to see me a week later again but was being pretty relaxed because it's common in early pregnancy. The bleeding stopped a couple days later.

I also had abdominal pains and ended up in hospital because they were so severe. Had a laparoscopy because they found a mass outside my uterus on scans and queried an ectopic pregnancy (even though they found a normal one too) Turned out to be a normal cyst but pain also due to endometriosis (which I didn't know I had). My symptoms were pretty serious but my pregnancy is progressing normally and even surgery had no effect on it!

Your pain and spotting are probably normal but it's always worth seeing your GP if you're concerned. It'll put your mind at rest. We're all different and you just never know so it's best to follow your instincts.