Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

FAO Joo(beroo) *edit - Basingstoke meet?*

2»

Replies

• That would be great Joo, where abouts do you work?

Is Guildford near Basingstoke?
  • Well you buggered off so we thought we'd turn the chat clean again!!! tee hee :lol:

my 'e' is going nuts!!!
  • PTB, It does exist, honest. I used to work there in the summer hols about ten years ago lol x
    PS Guildford is quite near B/stoke - about 45 mins I would guess but don't drive
  • PTB - Mothercare is way before toys r us and asda! When you come off the M3 you go past a golf club on the left and then turn right a couple of roundabouts down! I think there is some 'artistic' statue in the middle of it from what I remember.It definitely exists lol as that is where I got my pram! Here is the address:

http://www.directenquiries.com/customer/cresults.aspx?placename=RG22+4TW&placeid=0&NameID=1361&Name=Mothercare&SearchType=2&PlaceType=-1

I am loving the sound of this meet - dinks you should definitely come too! I am not great on time that side of basingstoke, but I am sure Guildford isn't too far!

Joo - mmm festival place - nice coffee there too lol xx
  • Im up for it, before or after babies or both!

Im sure I could find the Mothercare or the chocolate place, I am a bit of a chocolate nut at the moment!
  • Immense, I'm coming from the other direction, from the A339/M3 roundabout.... you'd have thought it would be as easy as just reversing the directions you gave but noooo, I am too stupid.... going to have to take hubby or the SatNav and suss this out once and for all, it's driving me batty!

Of course I'll bring Lily :\) - given she's still refusing a bottle she can't ever be too far from my boob so I have no choice :roll:

Ok, when? One Saturday? The only Sat I have free in Feb is the 28th (assuming people are busy on Valentine's day).

Think Festival Place is a good idea, plenty of places to eat etc, and easy parking.

Dinks - think G is about 25 miles from B so half hour, 40 mins?
  • I think we can do 28 Feb but I will check with hubby (we = me and Angus!)

Dinks - it takes me about 25mins to get to Basingstoke from Aldershot and Guildford is probably about 15mins to me so yes, around 40mins if that's ok!

I am very glad Lily will be there!

xxx
  • 40 mins is fine by me but cant do 28th as going to London with my Mum, Nan and Aunt.

May be able to do the 14th- we dont tend to celebrate Valentines as a holiday! But may also be going away that weekend.

Im happy for everyone to go with the majority date and make it if I can. Is anyone around on the 7th Feb?
  • 7th Feb no good for me I'm afraid, so that rules Feb out (unless we do a Sun).

If not - 7th March?
  • I think 7 March is ok for me too - but will check with the keeper of the diary!!! LOL

Besides the later we leave it, the more pregnant I will look and the less likely you are to think I am a crazy non pregnant lady stalking Baby Expert!!!!!

xxx
  • Joo I've seen a photo and you def look pregnant, you silly sausage.

In my house I am the keeper of the diary - I always say to my hubby "if it's not in the diary, it's not happening" (this backfired when he pointed out I hadn't written "have baby" on my edd).
  • I think that must have been my maternity jeans, maternity vest and maternity top doing that!!! Plus a lot of food over Christmas!!! :lol:

I took some bump piccies this morning and I am back to my kidney bean shaped bump!

Anyway, my keeper of the diary said 7 March is definitely ok for me. He thought I was going to force him to come too so did whine a little bit!!!

Hopefully it's ok for Dinks and anyone else!!!

XXX
  • Can i crash? Another Aldershotter who doesn't believe the basingstoke mothercare exists because i've been over there 3 times now and STILL cannot find it... so i gave up and went to the Reading one lol. Oh and i am also a choccy fiend image xx
  • It does exist - promise!!! Not sure I can navigate getting there myself but I have been twice! Its where our infamous "snow suit for baby due in April" was bought from!!!
    Would love to meet you Steph - and little Oscar!!!
  • Haha not so little any more scarily - in 6-9 month clothes, where has my baby gone?! But would love to meet you too, especially as you live so close! Plus meetups are a fab excuse to pig on cake and tea, whilst is still have the excuse of breastfeeding for not trying to lose weight! x
  • Woo, perhaps I'm not such a div after all if someone else gave up looking and went to another town instead :lol: (or at least, I'm not a lone div image )
  • lmao it's not being a div it's 'Baby Brain' and can be used as a fabulous excuse for anything you want!!! x
  • Right 7th may not be so good for me as I may be going up to see the Bertfaced one! :roll:

Should know soon so will let you guys know and you may have to meet 1st without me :\(

Cant wait to see this famous disappearing/ re-appearing Mothercare!
  • lmao dinks! disappearing / re-apperaring! Love it!

I think I am ok for 7th March at the moment! Definitely couldn't do the next weekend as it is my bday weekend!

Festival Place is definitely a good idea as it is soo easy to get too!! hehe!! Maybe we could do a bulk trip to mothercare just to show it is there............ lol image

When someone has decided on a date / time let me know and I can give a definite yes or no!

Tara 26+5
  • lmao dinks! disappearing / re-apperaring! Love it!

I think I am ok for 7th March at the moment! Definitely couldn't do the next weekend as it is my bday weekend!

Festival Place is definitely a good idea as it is soo easy to get too!! hehe!! Maybe we could do a bulk trip to mothercare just to show it is there............ lol image

When someone has decided on a date / time let me know and I can give a definite yes or no!

Tara 26+5