Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Bras!!!! is underwire SO bad?

My bras are too small and everywhere I look on line I cannot find any reasonable bras in sizes 36GG or 36H.

I can find underwired bras but was told I shouldn't wear underwire but what else can I do?

My boobs are flip flopping out of this stupid bra and i'm uncomfortable.

I'd like to buy 2 or 3 bras but can't spend ??100 for the privilege....any ideas?

thanks xxx

Replies

• Have you tried Bravissimo? I always get my bras from there (even before I was pregnant). They do a really good fitting service and you can get some bras from ??24.
    My midwife and the fitters in Bravissimo said as long as you being fitted propery in an underwired bra and you boobs are fully within the cup, they are fine to wear. I am 36 weeks 2moro and am still in underwired bras from Bravissimo.
    Here is the link for their website:
    http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie?back=36&cup=gg
    NTT xx
  • I wore underwire bra's with my 1st when i needed my boobie's higher then my belly button image and wore my non-wire when i was at home chilling out etc day-2-day ish
    I was told as long as they were fitted properly then wont do any halm xx
    HTH
    gems 8wks x
  • hi hun, im in a 32h i got measured at debenhams. like the girls said. underwire is fine as long as it fits you properly.xx
  • Hi,
    I got told this as well, i've gone up to an F/G and i'm only 13+4! I've told debenhams this and they weren't very impressed but really what are they going to do? Turn down a sale? They also do packs of 2 bras for ??20.
  • hi, aslong as u regulalry get refitted so they fit properly and don't pinch or dig in then there is noreason why u can't keep wearing underwires...i wore underwires right up til iw as about 37/38weeks with ds...i started as a 36f and went up to a 40gg and then i started wearing nursing bras (lol) which i got from debenhams (the miriam stoppard double layer ones, usually a pk of two is ??25 but i got all mine in the reduced bit and the most i pad was ??6 for one and a pk of two for ??7.50!) xx
  • I have big babalons (in my opinion anyway, im 40dd at the min) and I did get some maternity bras when I was about 6 weeks preg and ugh!!!! my boobs felt droopy and even my oh said it wasnt the most flattering look for me (he would have got hit if i hadnt have agreed with him lol) im now wearing underwired bras again which is bliss!! I am going to go get some new ones soon as they are getting a little small on me now (obviously not terribly but I dont want to get to the point where i have half a boob coming out at all times lol)

I think as long as they fit you properly and are nice and supportive then there is no problem. Maternity/nursing bras never seem to give me the "lift" and support I need. I usually just take a few sizes and styles into the fitting room as in my marks they are the maternity bra police :lol: xx
  • I am 37 weeks and still in the same bras as when I was measured a few weeks ago they were no bigger!!!!
    But they did start getting uncomfortable over the past week or so. I didn't want to splash out on new ones with only a few weeks left so I simply made an incision and pulled out the wire!!!! I've held onto the wire so I can put it back in and sew it up after i finish with my nursing bras...if they still fit that is!!!
    They are still as supportive without the hassle of the wire image

[Modified by: VBaby on April 29, 2010 08:54 PM]

• sorry i am sitting here clueless, why is underwire not such a good idea?

• I love Anita bras. I've got 3 under-wired nursing bras that I bought when my LO was 4 weeks old. 15 months on and 20 weeks pregnant I am still wearing them. Noone with boobs bigger than a DD can go without underwire - far too uncomfortable.

H xx
  • sorry i am sitting here clueless, why is underwire not such a good idea?

x

i was told it presses on blood vessel and squishes stuff (not the technical term but i can't really rmember!)

I am heading to Debenhams on Saturday, thanks guys!

I feel like by boobies are going to fall off!

• I was told it can squash the milk ducts which can be a problem if you plan to BF. I stayed in U/W last time until bout 36/37 weeks when the wires started rubbing on the top of bump - I too need the extra support, and am dreading using nursing bras!
  • oh just wanted to add, that after wearing good fitting underwires until i was 37/38weeks i bf ds until he was 7 months so did no damage on that front, as long as they fit u properly they won't be squashing or pinching anything xx
  • I'm with WoW Baby - I wore underwire throughout my pregnancy (even came home in one from hospital, lol!) and as long as they fit you you'll be fine. The wire shouldn't touch your actual breast tissue, if it does it can dig in and cause problems. In fact, I was happy for the extra support from the wire! x x x