Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

What are these pains?

Hi all

Over the last week I've been getting odd pains and twinges and I'm not sure if they're normal or not. I was told that BH don't hurt and aren't painful, but these pains ARE hurting and they are painful - although, they do only last a few seconds / moments etc...

I'm finding it hard to describe what they're like... kind of like I've pulled a muscle, a stitch but more painful, quite sharp feelings - they def. take my breath away and make me stop until they pass (whilst I go 'oooh' :lol: )

They're mainly low down, near my lady area but have also been all over my bump.

Angus is back to his normal self and moving MASSES like a total little sporty clone of his Daddy! So I know he is fine.

Am just getting scared now!!! I really don't like not knowing when it's gonna happen!!!

I have a final growth scan and seeing the consultant tomorrow so I will ask, but you know I value your help ladies!

Joo xxx
36+3

Replies

• Braxton hicks aren't meant to be painful so they could be proper contractions? Maybe keep an eye on them to see if they're regular. If there isn't a pattern then probably just wait and ask consultant tomorrow.

xxx

35+3
  • My BH's can also be quite painful at times, the only thing ill say is you WILL know when its actual labour. i dont know how...but you just will. sorry im not much help xxx
  • My BH's can also be quite painful at times, the only thing ill say is you WILL know when its actual labour. i dont know how...but you just will. sorry im not much help xxx