Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Sorry TMI, Advice about trapped wind!

Hi Girls

Im just wondering if any of you ladies have any advice for trapped wind?
Im only 4 weeks today but am suffering awful compacted trapped wind. Its makeing me miserable & also making me panic that there is something wrong as im in pain.
Is there anything i can safely take while PG, im not takeing any chances this time, i havnt even taken anything for my sore throat or bad heads in the 2 ww.

Any advice would be realy greatfully recieved as im starting to work myself up into a right panic!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :\?

Replies

• Hey hun, i dont know if i can help, but i gguess you can deal with it like constipation, meaning avoid food that can cause wind (like broccoli), try to walk a little and eat alot of green veggies like salad.

But if it is persistant then perhaps you can give your midwife a call

Renee
    33 weeks
  • G/C from Baby but I used to get this awfully. I found going over on to all fours, resting on your forearms and rocking back and forth really helps to relieve it, the same with constipation-gross I know, but it was my Midwife's suggestion, and it really helped!
    Carly xxx
  • I had what I thought waa trapped wind and it was actually an inflamed stomach (it was quit high up, kind of below / behind my ribs). I was in soooo much pain. My Dr told me to take paracetamol and prescribed me an indigestion mixture. Just a thought.

K 16+4
  • Hi,

I have been getting trapped wind (it was actually what made me think I was pregnant oddly enough) Its mostly in my shoulder and it is really painful.

I agree with rockin on all fours, I also get dh to rub my back for me (not very glamorous but it helps!)

xx
  • Thanks for the advice girls,
    Im actually getting it in my lower tummy & have noticed today im in worse pain after going to relive my bowels, ( sorry TMI),. I know it sounds strange but i almost feel like my tummy is full & have pressure, like ive been blown up with a pump!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • hi hun, fennel tea is good for trapped wind and other bowel issues, i thnk u can drink it when pregnant but not 100% so best to check xx
  • Peppermint tea, Dried apricots, exercise are all good. Also stick your bum in the air as hpefully the gas will rise and you can release it. Hope you feel better soon. XX
  • Hi,
    You poor thing! I was the same at 4 weeks. Try wind-eze - they're just peppermint oil and are safe to take. Also, Remmies are safe too. Peppermint tea does the job too.
    If it gets worse, see your doctor as I also had terrible constipation (I felt like all this was stretching my stomach ready for baby!!) and had to be prescribed lactolose. Increase your fibre intake (bran flakes are an easy way to make sure you eat enough.)
    Hope you feel better soon

Sarah xxx
  • Sarah thank you so much,

I do have some windeze but have resisted takeing them for fear of hurting my bean!
    I guess things do feel different this time. Last time i had no idea i was PG & only took a test when i nearly passed out on hols! That time id been taking lots of pain killers, gavison & had been drinking a fair bit as i was away on hols. I know that might not have had any bearing on my MC.

This time from the second i got + on OPK i havent as much as had a paracetamol!, even though ive had awful heartburn, headaches & a sore throat, ive looked for natural alternatives.

Will definately try the tea. Im suffering a bit today with nausea & feeling dizzy but id happily take all the symptoms for a beautiful healthy bean at the end of it.

Thanks once again for the advice, its nice to feel im not going mad!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • In hospital they give you peppermint codial diluted with cooled boiled water- it really works.

xx
  • Thanks ladies its so embarressing! lol xxxxx