Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Any other type 1 diabetics who are pregnant?

Hi,

I'm a type 1 diabetics just found out I am pregnant with my first. 

Any one going or gone through this who can offer advice? Would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks 

Xx

Replies

• Options

Hi 

I am a diabetic and just had my first baby 5 months ago. It’s not as bad as they say i went to a clinic for checks every 2 weeks and had regular scans after 20 weeks. I was taking m3 insulin but they changed that to novorapid and solostar but my control through the pregnancy was perfect and usually am rubbish with it. They also don’t allow you to go full term your induced around 38 weeks I never got this as I went into early labour at 35 weeks but when in labour they put you on a scale and slide to control your sugars for you. 

I was so worried about been pregnant and insulin dependant but it was fine and I was well looked after from the day I found out until she was born and even after.

feel free to message with any questions am happy to answer 

• Options

Thank you so much for your reply :)

I'm just stressed as my sugars have always been perfect and last 2 week's they've been higher which made me think I could be pregnant. My doses aren't working. I'm calling my docs first thing Monday and checking every two hours at the moment so at least if they are slightly high I adjust so it's not up for long. It's the best I can do. Thank you though this is helpful. I may have the odd questions for you throughout my pregnancy if you don't mind:) I really appreciate it x and congratulations on your baby girl! 👶 xx