Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Wisdom tooth infection

morning girls! 

I have been having pain at the back of my mouth for about 2/3 days now. I originally thought it was my normal yearly tonsillitis. But I think its an infection just behind my wisdom tooth. ive booked in for an emergency dentist appointment today because I am in agony with it. I’m really worried about taking antibiotics to clear it. I’m just over 10 weeks pregnant  Has anyone else had a similar issue? 

Thanks in advance ladies 

Replies

• I had antibiotics when I was pregnant, from infected abscess under my tooth. I was around the 25week mark though. I was sceptical about taking them but I was so desperate to be out of pain. The baby was fine. Wouldn't worry too much. Good luck at the dentist. X

• Thank you hun. I’m going to see if there is anything they can do without antibiotics but I doubt it. I haven’t even taken paracetamol for the pain because I’m worried about even taking that. Don’t want to harm my little baby in any way xx