Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Travelling when pregnant..... What do you think????? :)

Hi... My youngest sister is getting married in 2 months... I will be 24 weeks (6 months) pregnant then!!! Her wedding is Saudia Arabia and my parents and family are telling me not to worry about coming, as Im pregnant and they are worried something may happen to me and bubs. I dont want to miss her wedding, but I also care for myself and my baby, so not sure what to do.... Have heard its not good to fly incase of going into early labour and other things.. What do you guys think??? Amirah xo

Replies

• I have heard that a lot of airlines do not allow you to fly after 6 months (but im not sure if this applies all) and u need a medical certificate?? have u already asked about this because if this is the case they may not let u fly and then the desision would be made up for you. then again maybe its 6 and a half months? it must be horrible for u because u do not want to miss your sisters wedding. (sisters hey!? they always have to find a way of being difficult!!)
  • I know some airlines dont let any pregnant women be on their planes and ye some not after 6-7 months. I havent actually looked into the flight yet because Im not sure what I feel I should do. Yeh I know I need a medical certificate thats okay I can a fellow midwife or my GP to write that.... It just would be nice to go and see my family for a while as I havent seen them since I got married 5 months ago... Amirah xo
  • Hi, most airlines will let you fly up to 34 weeks, some even 36 with a doctors certificate stating you are well enough to fly. The best thing you can do is to phone the airline which you are flying with and check their policy, or get the travel agents to do it for you. I do know some airlines can be quite funny over this matter and will not let you fly after 32 weeks, so plz contact them directly.
    I have had the same problem - we are due to emigrate to Mauritius in August / September and we have had to check with Air Mauritius the lastest I can fly.
    Hope this helps Sarah x
  • Thanks for your help girls.. Amirah xo
  • Hi again Amirah, at least you'll have your hubby with you when you both fly. It would be so lovely for you to see your family again too!! If this is your first baby it would also be so nice for you & hubby to get away together before babs arrives...and most importantly to see your sister get married...
    Hope things work out for you..keep me posted.
    Take Care hun, Sarah xx