Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

My 5 stone labrador jumped right onto my pelvis

Hi Folks,

I was just wondering if anyone knows whether taking a really hard bump to the pelvis area could cause miscarriage. Our bouncy 3 year ols lab jumped on me at 5am this morning (she hasn't done that since she was 1!) and I am panicking perfusely. I can't find anything about it on the net either.

I will mention it to midwife tonight when I speak to her but would like some more infobefore then if poss. I have been praying like made since it happened as we have waited so long for this.

A very frightened madcow!
xx
4+6

Replies

• Hiya - Our dog did this to me when I was 6 months pregnant with Ollie, although he isnt a 5 stone lab, he did manage to knock me to the floor with the force of it, but i was checked by the MW and she didnt find anything wrong, and Ollie is fine 22 months later! image

There isnt much you can do though at such an early stage other than wait, but I would guess that it should be ok - many people dont know theyre pregnant that early and can take knocks and falls and be ok. and baby is so small and well cushioned inside there.
    Speak to the MW and see what she says - they might book you in for a reassurance scan in a couple of weeks time to double check, or they may say you'll just have to wait and see.
    I know its easier said than done, but try not to worry too much.

xxx
  • Hi Hun,

Your little bean is really low in your pelvis so in theory behind bone!! So its pretty safe in there.

Just make sure you rest up today

xx