Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

First scan/ tomorrow

I am about six to eight weeks pregnant nearly eight weeks after a miscarriage i started spotting again yesterday i have had a HCG test done today 91,358 was the result ( if i am only six weeks this is about double what it should be) if eight weeks it's smack bang in the middle of the normal range. This cheered me up greatly as its higher than the midwife was thinking (midwife said that if it wasn't higher than 1000 then it wasn't worth doing a scan tomorrow)

My friends at work are winding me up now saying that it's going to be twins or triplets.

I suppose i will just have to wait till tomorrow?

Replies

• Good luck with your scan! Sounds very promising! My oh keeps winding me up saying I am having twins but I don't think there is a chance of that! Scan at 9 weeks only showed 1 baby and midwife has only found one heartbeat!!

Let us know how you get on! xx
  • ok will do, my friend says that if it's triplets she will take one for me.
  • lol! Thats very kind of her!! Reminds me of one of the episodes from Friends!! =D
  • How exciting!!!!

I really wanted twins...and after first scan at 7 weeks the consultant said, congratulations...double trouble...and then said 'oops sorry wrong couple'...I was gutted...hubby was relieved!

Let us know how the scan goes.
  • I had my first scan today even though it's not quite eight weeks since my miscarriage I already measure 7 weeks plus 2 days. I have seen the heartbeat too. Midwife told me not to worry about the spotting unless it gets worse or i get any pain.

I also found out that i have a fluid filled cyst on my left ovary which might hopefully have disapeared when my next scan comes round in a few weeks. apparently this is causing my sharp pains on and off every now and then.

I can't wait I am getting excitied now and my oh is happy its not twins or more???

[Modified by: emma/george6945 on June 30, 2007 04:50 PM]
  • congrats on your news. i too had a misscarraige (twins in oct at 11weeks and 12 weeks) i also had a cyst which was causing some slight bleeding but everything is fine now and it was gone on my 20 week scan so enjoy your pregnancy its an adventure no matter how many times you do it keep well
    fea x
  • Thats great news! Big relief for you, hopefully you can relax a little more now and enjoy the pregnancy xxx