Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anyone Worried About 12 wk Scan??

Replies

• can i just say i am 12 weeks 2 days and had my scan today i was so so worried but it turned out fine i had no other early scans which was nerve racking! but heartbeat was fine and my advise is just to relax and enjoy it dont worry about it and not every experience is the same good luck image 

• I'm about 11 weeks and a few days and have my scan Tuesday a little bit nervous of the worst happening but I'm sure it will be ok I'm just lookin forward to seein the baby it will make it more realistic as I haven't had any earlier scans either so this is a first for me image x
  • Hi all, I've just found out I am pg, last period was May 19th, so figure I must be about 4.5 weeks.  Keep thinking the same as you guys, what if there is nothing there etc.  No signs yet, feel fine but have the + test and no bleeding so gues it must be fine so far!  Have a thyroid problem so hoping I might get an early scan?  Desperate to tell all, but afraid something might not be right!  Aaaargh!!!

• You will be fine I've had no symptoms n had my first scan today and the little peanut is as healthy as anything so try not to worry that's what I done wrong image x
  • Got my 12 week scan today and I have been up since 4.45am thinking about it. I have, as many posters have mentioned already, had a rather easy early pregnancy in terms of symptoms - A little nausea in the mornings, some diziness, lots of wind and general feelings of exhaustion, but no sickness. I had an early scan due to some bleeding at 6+6, which showed a strong heartbeat, but as my baby was not planned and I am no longer with the baby's father, I have this awful underlying feeling that I don't deserve this and there must be something wrong. This hasn't been helped by the fact that a couple of times yesterday when I wiped there was brownish blood like discharge, though this morning there has been nothing.

I guess we all feel a little worried at a time like this - What is happening to us is a miracle and at the end of the day we can't control what our body is doing. I am taking comfort from the positive stories I have read on here from people who have had similar experiences to me - I know that as soon as I see my baby on that screen, all of my worries will just fade away.

Good luck to everyone else who is going through similar emotions

xx

• i was 6 and half weeks when i had my M/C and they said they couldnt do a scan image thats so not fair

• supersquish, I'm so sorry to hear that. That really isn't fair.

It seems unbelievable to me that some health authorities will offer early scans, while others don't.

• feel so much better after reading these comments, im 12 weeks pregnant, got my scan on tuesday and im so nervous, just incase its all a big dream. as daft as that sounds! 

• Hiya!!

I had my 12 weeks scan on wednesday, and I had wound myself up so much over the past month I just burst into tears as soon as the midwife asked how I was!!

Needless to say everything was absolutely fine, I saw the baby wiggle around and even saw its mouth open and close (already greedy). The only thing you can do is be patient, I know its sooooo much easier said then done.

Good luck with your pregnancies and try not to stress yourselves out!!!

• Hello. I got my 12 week scan tomorrow and I'm so scared that I have miscarried or had a blighted ovum. This is my second pregnancy I have a healthy 15 month old boy. I'm worried because I have had no symptoms all the way through and don't feel pregnant at all I did 4 pregnancy tests to be sure all different brands and all positive I'm so scared for tomorrow image
  • hey sally, i know how u feel! Some days i wonder if im even pregnant even tho ive had 3 positive tests, i have minimul symptoms, if i had morning sickness then id atleast know that theres something going on in there, had a m/c in april and im terrified that they wont find a heartbeat, Im 9 weeks tomorrow and got my first midwife appointment, cant wait to book my scan and go see my little squishy! Let me know how you get on, and good luck for tomorrow xxx image

• It's so scary waiting for that date isn't it. Luckily mines at 9 in the morning so I won't be waiting around all day. Good luck with your midwife appointment image will let you know how I get on. image excited but nervous lol xxx
  • how'd you get on sally? 

• Hey im now 8 weeks an worrying too however i experienced a loss last year as i went for my scan and the baby had stopped developing it was awful news. I dint have any symptoms of pregnancy when this happened though. Now i have symptoms and have got my fingers crossed ive noticed physical changes aswell these tend to stop if the baby doesnt develope xx
  • Hi Katie. I just wanted to tell u that ur not alone, in my first pregnancy my baby stopped developing at 8 weeks too and I only found out when I went for my first scan, which was at 10 weeks, I had all the pregnancy symptoms and no bleeding or cramping or any pain, and so it came as a really big shock and it took a while to get over, and then when I got pregnant after 6 months I was so sure the same thing was going to happen, but now I've had 3 healthy daughters and pregnant fourth time round and I still have that worry that il go in for the scan and theyl tell me the baby is dead........it's just a realy hard thing to get over, and my hubby wasn't here through my first miscarriage, but because the rest have all come through safely, he doesn't understand what it was like for me at the time and him and all my in laws have just branded me as a attention seeking worrier???? I have no support whenever I have been worried or gone to hospital because they just say I'm goin in for attention even though all my babies have been fine now.

Just trust ur instincts, and like our midwives say, whether it's the one time or a hundred times, if u don't think something is right then trust ur instincts and go in for checkups as much as u like.........it's better to go in and for everything to be alrite, than to delay it and for something to go wrong????

My family got fed up of me going into hospital, but the doctors and midwives never!!!
  • Hey supersquish I went for my 12 week scan and unfortunately my baby had died at 8 weeks image I had no pain no bleeding came as a right shock. I have another scan today to be 100% sure but I need an operation next week image xxx
  • oh no sally, so sorry to hear that image hope you have the suport you need at home?

now im worried image

• I'm really sorry to hear that too Sally, how are u holding up?
  • Yeah got a lot of support just want my 15 month old with me but I can't till tomorrow operation is tonight. Thank god I didn't wanna do it naturally as could be weeks as I haven't bleed or had pain. Such a shock. image I'm ok rubyjavy just want my little boy home with me now and have lots of cuddles image xxx
  • So yesterday i had abit of a scare, had a difficult bowel movement and had to give it abit of a push (pregnancy is sooo glam) When i wipped my front en i had some bright red blood on the tissue (diffinatly not from my unus), so it was panic stations, midwife ensured me it was normal- So i finaly get around to having my nap and start having pains on one side of my belly- again panic stations- They wouldnt refer me to the EPU because the pain wasnt consistant, turns out that she thinks i may have pulled a muscle which was causing it to spasm and cause pain, i have a heavy kind of job so it make scence if ive been over doing it abit.

So this morning i wake up to MORNING SICKNESS OH MY GOD it really is awful, but atleast it meas that my lil squishy is ok image 

Got my scan date which is 6th feb sooo cant wait image