Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Council house while 7 months pregnant

Hello all, just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation, I am currently 7 months pregnant and me and my partner are living with my parents in a 3 bedrrom house with my 2 brothers, parents are sleeping in living room and we are so overcrowded, we have been on the council list for a house but nothing is coming up, anyone know if there is anything we can do to try and get a house or even a vewing. Private rent we can't afford it's so expensive and we don't have enough income for that.

Replies

• I don't know where u live but I'm from Scotland when I fell pregnant with my son I still lived at home and it was going to be over crowded due to sisters and brother plus mum and dad and my partner stayed with his family still. I got an app with my council and they had me a temp flat within 28 days 2 bedroom and then after 9 months i had my permanent house which we pay full rent for and currently expecting out 2nd ❤️ worth a shot calling your council and explaining your situation that yous can't stay there when the baby is born as there is no room as it is and yous cannot afford private renting worth a shot all they can say is no. X