Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Council house while 7 months pregnant

Hello all, just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation, I am currently 7 months pregnant and me and my partner are living with my parents in a 3 bedrrom house with my 2 brothers, parents are sleeping in living room and we are so overcrowded, we have been on the council list for a house but nothing is coming up, anyone know if there is anything we can do to try and get a house or even a vewing. Private rent we can't afford it's so expensive and we don't have enough income for that.

Replies

• How do you deal with your children and your brothers now? Free-living in cramped quarters is better than living on the streets, but you have to think before.

• I don't envy you, but try talking to your parents about selling the house and buying two other smaller houses + a loan or mortgage for your husband. If your brothers can't move out for your family, you could suggest that your parents take out a mortgage and buy a new house, which your brothers will then get.
  • I don't envy you, but try talking to your parents about selling the house and buying two other smaller houses + a loan or mortgage for your husband. If your brothers can't move out for your family, you could suggest that your parents take out a mortgage and buy a new house, which your brothers will then get.

They haven't gotten married yet? If they also live with their wives and children with you, that will be a problem. Contact councilratings.co.uk to find out about opportunities and support for young families. As far as I know they give soft loans for families with children and you can buy a house or apartment on credit and pay back small amounts every month.

• I don't know where u live but I'm from Scotland when I fell pregnant with my son I still lived at home and it was going to be over crowded due to sisters and brother plus mum and dad and my partner stayed with his family still. I got an app with my council and they had me a temp flat within 28 days 2 bedroom and then after 9 months i had my permanent house which we pay full rent for and currently expecting out 2nd ❤️ worth a shot calling your council and explaining your situation that yous can't stay there when the baby is born as there is no room as it is and yous cannot afford private renting worth a shot all they can say is no. X