Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

what are these pains

hi there my name is stacey and i am new on here. i am 6+2 and a little worried. i was wondering if anyone has had any pains during the first few weeks of there preganancy? at first it felt like a stitch on the right side of my stomach near my hip and then it kinda spread a little over the bottom of my stomache. i rang the doctors and he told me to ring the early pregnancie unit. which i did but they said i was to early gone for them to see me at that time. if anyone has any idea what it could be. ure help wil be muched appreciated. thankyou xxxxx

Replies

• Hi. I had all sorts of pains in my back and stomach when I was very early pregnant, they seemed to go though and then just got the odd stretching pain.
    xxx
  • hi there
    if you are really concerned then perservere with the epu. i have had scans every week since 4 weeks and at 5 weeks we saw the first heartbeat.

I also had and still do have funny pains in my tummy but after soo many scares it appears that these are just something that happns.

Please try not to worry but keep calling them asking for an appointment

Sarah x x
  • thank you for all your replie they are very much appreciated! i am going to keep trying the epu unit and see what they are gpoing to do. but i have a midwife appt on friday 5th dec so i shall speak 2 her aswell. thankyou all again and what i have read these pains and twinges seem to be normal. thanks xxx