Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Started (exercise) training...then just found out i'm pregnant - is it safe to keep training?

So I had been going through a hard time in the last year. Through a lot of emotional turmoil, I ended up gaining about 30lbs in 6 months. My boyfriend and I started "not trying" about 4 months ago with no luck. 

I decided, enough was enough, I am going to start a running program again. I have completed 4 half marathons in the past 3 or 4 years with an extensive training break. I decided to start a couch to 5k app and took it easy as I know myself.

3 days after I started the program, I decided to take a pregnancy test. My hormones had been raging, my boobs hurt, something was off. I picked a digital test since my cycles are super weird and wouldn't you know the little "Yes+" appeared on the tiny screen. I had so many mixed emotions because we really didn't expect to get pregnant so quickly.

So many other concerns are being addressed but I want to know if it's OK for me to continue with the program even though I am pregnant. I predict I am 4-5 weeks along and have only completed 2 of the workouts. This is my first and I am so nervous and excited. Any advice would be great.