Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

7 weeks pregnant and very nauseous

hey everybody, I’m 7 weeks today and as of about five days ago I am constantly sick. I haven’t vomited but I am sick feeling from when I get up to when I lay down. If I wake up in the middle of the night to pee, I’m nauseous again. I’m taking my prenatal at night now since yesterday to maybe help, but I’m struggling with food and smells. I can’t look, smell, or even think about food. I don’t even want to go into the kitchen. When I think I’m hungry it feels like I’m just sick and if I do eat what I kind of feel like eating, I feel sick after. Even crackers and water are grossing me out. I’m not sure what to do does anybody have any advice? When will this let up? I’m also so tired that I’m sleeping 11-12 hours for night  plus a hour nap during the day in the afternoon. I have no energy to do anything. I’m super blessed to have this pregnancy but I’ve never felt like this before. This is completely opposite then how I usually am since I’m really energetic. Before this, I was snacking every two hours and always hungry then it switched to this all the sudden.  Does anybody have any advice, tips, suggestions? 

Replies

• Oh and this is going to sound crazy it’s not even just food that makes me sick feeling. Some times tv shows I like I just don’t even want to look at. Or getting on Pinterest I just feel sick isn’t that crazy? It’s like loss of interest. 
  • Hi almarie09, this is totally normal. I felt this way from about 7 weeks up until 16 weeks (some people only have it until 10 weeks though!). I napped all weekend long, whenever I wasn't sleeping I was running to the bathroom to throw up. I lost about 10 pounds! The good news is: the worse you feel the better the baby is, that's what they say at least. I know it's hard right now, but just wait until you start to feel the little baby moving, it'll all be worth it ;)
  • Thank you so much for responding. I truly hope everything you said is what’s going on for me. I have my next scan next Tuesday and we’re hoping to see the heart beat. I just feel terrible even today. I know this is terrible but I feel depressed. Totally the opposite of how I really am and I have no idea how I’m going to get through this. I’m just so sick from everything that it seems the only thing half satisfying is when I’m asleep so I don’t have to feel sick. I thought I was going to vomit last night throughout the night but it didn’t happen. I also had some front cramps last night that scared me. They weren’t severe but a lot of pulling like a pulled muscle. I ran to the bathroom and no spotting thank goodness. I also had to pee badly and when I peed my tummy hurt. But after that it didn’t happen the next few times so idk. Do you have any tips for how you survived your early pregnancy? 
  • I'm diabetic, so at 10 weeks they put me on diclectin, since I couldn't keep any of my meals down and my blood sugars were dropping way too much. The only problem is that it made me even more exhausted, so I had to stop taking it and just force myself to eat, even though I wanted to puke. I also had a hematoma in my uterus, so I was bleeding on and off from 7 weeks to 12 weeks, and was put on modified bed rest– unfortunately, that meant I still had to go in to work everyday. All I wanted to do was sleep, it gets really emotionally draining when you feel like you can't function. Just try to find a food that you can eat without getting nauseous, my go-to was hot dogs and poutine... not the healthiest, but it's better than not eating anything. It'll get better, I promise, it is just a very hard first few weeks/months. You got this, stay strong <3
  • I’m so sorry that I never responded. I’ve had a busy last few days. Wow you have been threw a lot! I can’t imagine all of that going on at the same time on top of being sick. I’d been scared the entire time. I’m basically the same since I wrote the post. I’ve been continuing to be really sick. And unfortunately I’m now vomiting which is something I’ve rarely done in life. I’m struggling with all food still but now I’m interested in nothing. Nothing at all :(  I’m forcing myself to eat but it’s hard cause I get like stomach pain. I’ve noticed my vomiting try’s to happen when I lay down for bed :/ I’m concerned about losing weight. I’m already really tiny. I’m still tired. Very tired. Tomorrow will be my next scan and we’re hoping to see the heart beat then. I keep fearing the worse but if I’m this sick then I’m hoping that means my baby is thriving. I’ll be 8 weeks Wednesday, I’m thankful to be hitting another weeks mark. I plan to talk to my doctor about everything just to get her feedback. 

P.s sucking on peppermint candy kinda helps. 
  • I’m 13 weeks and throwing up about 4 times a day since 4 weeks and even with tablets from the doctors nothing has helped, unfortunately it drags you down and makes you feel so tired but it has to pass eventually, if you start throwing up a lot it’s worth asking the docs to look at meds. 
    I did find travel bands helped with my initial low level nausea, I didn’t have much faith. And I found that just keep eating if you can x