Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Brown discharge when having bowel movement (TMI sorry)

Hi, what it says really, for nearly a week I’ve been having a brown discharge when I wipe and then it came to me that its when I’ve been going to the toilet for a number 2 (🙈) thats when I have been wiping brown discharge away.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• Are you pregnant 
  • Sorry, missed that bit out! Yes, I’m 8 + 6. 
  • Hi think maybe you need to seek medical advice fingers crossed its nothing. Are you getting any cramping x
  • I messaged my midwife when I was first getting brown, she just said to keep an eye on it and if any fresh blood go to A & E. I am having no cramping, and its not when I wee, just literally when I’m I’m going for the other.
  • This usually happens around the time your period would normally have been due. Some women have had implantation bleeding after 8 weeks ofpregnancy. An implantation bleed is very light bleeding (spotting) that is usually pinkish and sometimes brown.
  • The most common cause for brown discharge is irritation. The surge of hormones and increased blood flow throughout your body during pregnancy makes the cervix super-sensitive, and sexual intercourse or a pelvic exam can aggravate it. That results in a bit of brown discharge or light spotting.Can also occur when strainning and old blood comes away it has to go somewhere you can also ask your dr for a enternal scan if you explain it happend few times amd how far along you are i had early scan and they saw were implantation bleed took place and said the rest will come away next few days it might pit you at ease xx
  • Hey Rachel, thank you - thats really helpful.

I’m seeing midwife Tuesday so will mention again as it has been happening for a few days now. Because it’s not happening all the time and I’ve been wearing a pad and there has been zero on it, I’m keeping everything crossed that its just working its way through. I was just hoping someone else would say “yes, that’s happened to me too” 🙈
  • yeh few pregnancys hun hope it clears soon thats just 1 obstacle in the way plenty more to get thro lol constipation sickness dizzy headaches we go thro it lol xx
  • Thanks - first pregnancy at 37 so I’m pretty anxious x
  • aww its scary 1st time round im on last pregnancy 11th baby and 37 aswell xx
  • Wow! Congratulations! You are a pro 💕
  • 😘 thanks u need anything here if u need me xx
  • @Rachel158 thank you xxx