Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hospital bag- what to pack and what to leave behind?

SigsauerSigsauer Regular
edited May 3, 2019 9:33AM in Pregnancy
Girls who recently gave a birth what was an items you couldn't live without and what was totally waste of space. I am thinking to pack mine,but don't want it to be massive and look like I am off for 3weeks of holidays 🤣

Replies

• Hey, I gave birth 3 weeks ago and I had a big gym sack and another bag looked like I’d packed for a holiday lol but I was in hospital for 3 days with my induction, I didn’t pack enough t shirts which was my main issue I packed a lot of nighties and I didn’t wear one I wore t shirts and pj trousers! Also make sure you take bubble bath we had a bath in the hospital we could use and it really helped me to just get in the bath I sadly didn’t take bubble bath and had to use shower gel but it wasn’t the same! Make sure you have enough snacks as I found hospital dinner time was like 4:30 where I was and by 7/8 I was hungry again with no food unless husband brought me some in or went to canteen before it shut! Also make sure you have enough socks or slippers as I would walk round the ward in my socks! Have enough baby clothes and pre made milk just incase you don’t breast feed, also if you want bounty photos take a nice blanket and teddy bear as they will be used in the photos! Hope that helps I’ve probably missed out loads but that’s all I can think of right now! Good luck mama xx
  • chkitty congrats on ur baby thsts exactly what i would of said to take brillant advice im on baby number 12 now 24 weeks and cant wait to meet mine i have 2 big bags packed one for baby one 4 me lol and still packing lol xx
  • I’d honestly over pack. I thought we’d be out now, but it’s looking like Monday if we’re lucky (depending on Calvin’s blood test results). It’s been a headache as I can’t go to Morrison’s to pick something up, foods good, but you’ll prob need snacks. Folks kindly bringing stuff in or I’d be stuck. There’s a good list on the nhs website and it’s pretty much to a t really. Second more t shirts, esp when the milk comes in as it oozes everywhere (I’d honestly win any wet tshirt competition), I’m just wearing shorts but three quarter trousers and general stuff is my best advice. Oh and something to pass the time as I’ve had 4 days in a room on my own with Calvin and you need something to tide your mind over, you really do