Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

First time taking a pregnancy test pls help

Hi! 
So it was my first time taking a pregnancy test and the result showed up like this, a very faint line. I started researching about clearblue and its accuracy but some forums says faint lines are defo a positive and other forums says it might be just a false positive. I’m waiting a couple days to take another one, however I’m really anxious about it. 

Replies

• Options
    When is your period due. Blue dyes are so hard to read especially if testing early. Try a pink dye test in 2-3 days and use first morning urine
    Good luck
  • Options
    I would actually say it’s positive. Defo test again in a few days as you’ll get a stronger line if you are pregnant but it doesn’t look like an evap to me (that’s what is usually confused with a false positive) 

its also really important to ant to read the result in the timeframe on the packaging and discard afterwards (random lines can appear when they’re left a while!) 
  • Options
    @StillTrying
    the 27th but it says it can give results even when period is not late yet 
  • Options
    Oh man I think that’s definitely a positive! But like the ladies say, try again in a couple days, if it’s true then the line will get stronger and stronger until it’s very dark and no doubt that it’s a positive. That’s crazy early to get a positive if you’re due on the 27th but it does happen! 
  • Options
    Turns out very pregnant. Took another test today. 
  • Options
    Congratulations cassie 
  • Options
    Thank you! 
  • Options
    Congratulations 😁😁😁
  • Options
    I still couldn’t believe it so I took other 2 tests haha 
  • Options

So yeah, if you get a really faint line like mine at first, you’re most likely pregnant