Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Help with nub? Gender guesses please

hi all, baby has a very clear nub but it’s bulbous at the end. Can I have some predictions please? 

Replies

• Anyone please? 
  • Boy x
  • Thanks I think so too as just that slight point upwards is making me think 
  • And 3 lines for girl xx
  • I’m pretty certain that that’s a girl, the nub is in line with the spine. I honestly thought I was having a boy till my first scan! I’m 22 + 4 with a little princess 
  • Thanks MissW - do you have you scan you could put up so I could compare? 
    It was only 12+4 so could of just needed time to rise to show boy? It’s so confusing! Also I wasn’t sure if last two scan pics the bulbous end pointed up a little for a boy? 
    Would be amazing if this was a girl so we’d have one of each but I still think boy 😂

• This is my 12+3. It doesn’t quite work like that! Once you’ve hit 12 weeks the nub is the nub, it doesn’t just ‘rise’! 
    The shape of the nub doesn’t affect this either! It’s just the position of it! 
    When do you find out? I personally would say girl... I could be wrong but I guessed mine and may friends correct. If you really are impatient... go to the ‘nub techs limited’ its £6 or £10 fast track and they will tell you. They gave me 97% girl from that scan! 
  • Oh I thought it could be on the rise until 13/14 weeks? I never looked into it with my first so I’ve only been trying to understand it from other people’s posts. 
    We did send the scans to the nub techs and they said 85% boy 🙈 so it wasn’t that convincing still! 
    Some people seem to say the shape being formed is girl or rounded at the end is boy as that’s why I’m confused as the long base bit does look fairly parallel it’s just the end that’s making me think boy! It’s driving me mad! 
  • With their detailed drawing... I can clearly see boy now! Because you’re babys spine is higher than my baby’s in the picture i couldn’t quite see... I would trust their 85% to be honest with you! 
  • Thanks - yeah I’m going to expect a boy lol would be a big shock if it wasn’t. Just can’t believe how clear the scan is but the nub was so tricky! 
  • I’m thinking boy as well. Wondering if you know for sure yet? I went to the nub techs and they said 85% chance of a girl, but no one could see the nub except them so makes me suspicious.. 
  • I still can’t see it Type your comment
  • I have these photos now. Do they help?