Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Bicornuate and early miscarriage

Hi all, 
looking for advice/knowledge/positive words!
Im 29 with no kids. I got pregnant for the first time last December, it was unplanned but exciting! I had some bleeding so I went in for ultrasounds early on. I went in at 6 weeks and they saw a sack and fetal pole but no baby, and said may be too early so come back. I also found out I have a Bicornuate uterus. I came back the following week and no progress, so they said miscarriage. It was basically just the sac and no baby growing. I finally passed it at 13 weeks (painful and gory 😳) 
Four or so months later I found I was pregnant again (planned and equally excited). No bleeding. Yay. Went in for my 8 week app and saw the baby and saw the heartbeat. Was referred for a more in depth ultrasound due to my uterus shape and to date the baby. I went a week later and..nothing was there. Which was weird because before she did the transvaginal, she did an abdominal and said “somethings definitely in there!” But then told me to follow up with my doc after vaginal and that nothing was in there. No sac, nothing. ?? My doc said my body may have absorbed it. No idea how she saw something in the abdominal? I have so many questions and my doctor in my little town is not the most helpful. I don’t know if I’m waiting for it to pass, when I bleed if it’ll be my period or miscarriage. But more importantly, I want to know why I had two miscarriages in a row and will I be able to have a baby. Does my uterus shape have anything to do with early miscarriage? Is there anything that can be done? 
Thanks in advance and sorry for such a long post. 

Replies

• Hi. I have a very severe bicornuate uterus and yes it does increase chances of miscarriage unfortunately.  Also breech babies. I have lost 4 babies. But i also have 4 healthy children all born via c section so please don't give up