Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

At how many weeks can you see a baby on a regular scan?

Miss22Miss22 Regular
edited Jun 17, 2019 5:20PM in Pregnancy
Just a quick question really. Finding it hard to relax this pregnancy I know it’s not good but hey ho, just wondering what stage can baby been seen on a normal scan ? Like I want to book an early one for around 10 weeks so in another 6 weeks time if I make it that far let’s pray I do 🙏🙏 will they be able to just scan my tummy at that stage to see baby and to see if pregnancy is viable etc ? This is my second pregnancy didn’t have early scan with my first but didn’t cope well at all with anxiety etc so just kinda want to know if things are okay x 

Replies

• Where abouts are you based?  I'm in the UK and I can highly recommend babybond. They scanned me at what should have been 7w 4d (based on LMP) and dated me as 6w 1d. Baby was totally visible from the standard tummy scan, didn't look like anything more than a little splodge but it did mean the technician was able to check position and viability (they even did a heart rate trace).

I wanted the scan for the same reasons as you've listed. I just wanted to know the baby was settled into the right place and looking viable. ☺️ The scan made me feel 100% more relaxed.
  • Thank you for replying yes I’m in the uk as well - I have used baby bond with my 1st but later in pregnancy for a 4d. I think it’s definitely something I want to do just wanted to be sure they could scan my tummy at that stage.

as you’ve said you felt 100% more relaxed after that’s what I want lol 
  • I had a dating scan at 7w3d and they were able to scan my stomach. Baby was very tiny but you could see and hear the heartbeat at that point which was cool!

Totally understand the anxiety, I've got 2 weeks to wait until my 12 week scan and I'm sooooo impatient! Just want to make sure everything is a-okay!