Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Is it too early?

Five weeks ago I took a pregnancy and it came back positive but a couple of days later I started having some light bleeding for a couple of days and the doctor said it was a early miscarriage. He took some blood test and my HCG levels went down to 3. I haven't had a period since. Today I took two First Response pregnancy test (shown above) and what looks like a positive but the digital clear blue says not pregnant. Is it possible the First Response is detecting UCG levels from the miscarriage? Or is it too early for the digital Clear Blue test? Please help! 🙂

Replies

• Curiosity101Curiosity101 Regular
    edited Jun 18, 2019 4:57PM
    I don't know enough about this exact scenario to advise on whether the First Response tests are detecting previous levels of HCG. However it's common that you can get positives on a standard test and negatives on a digital at the same time. 

I'd recommend waiting a couple more days and re-doing the first responses. After 2 days you should see a noticeable difference in the lines which would confirm a climbing HCG level and also pregnancy.

Here were my clear blue tests 2 days apart to show you how much the lines can change in a short period of time.

Good luck, :smiley: I'm hopeful for you. 

• Your HCG after MC was 3,no test will detect it as it's as low as non pregnant one. Digital as not that sensetive and usually working starting from your expected AF day
  • I have taken test since and the test are still showing a second line but the line is still as faded. 
  • I can see small progression
  • I had spotting for two days like a brown blood and it's a couple of days later and it's one day since missed period but now my test looks more faded and the clear blue test says negative 
  • I'm afraid I don't think you are pregnant.