Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Feeling a bit merh

well I posted a few days ago I found out I was pregnant. I’m a natural worrier about most things in life lol have bad anxiety in general. Anyway today I’ve woken up with small brown spotting and a tiny bit of blood. I know that can be normal but I have experienced this before which sadly ended in miscarriage. So kind of expecting that to happen but of course I really hope it doesn’t 😪😪I have a lovely 1 year old so I am blessed but yeah kinda feeling a bit depressed. If it happens there’s nothing I can do. Can’t get seen at my epu as my 1 year old is unwell and have no help with childcare Plus even if I could get seen i doubt they can do anything as I’m too early for a scan. But hey ho. Guess I’m just posting to vent a little as don’t really have anyone to talk to x 

Replies

• Fingers crossed for you that it's nothing serious.

This is one of the things it took me a long time to get my head around when I feel pregnant... you literally have no control over anything. What will be will be. Whether that's talking about conceiving, carrying the baby, giving birth etc.

It's a hard thing to stomach if you have anxiety (I also have generalised anxiety and panic attacks so definitely empathise with you).
  • Thank you for replying still having this brown discharge on and off so I defo think it’s a miscarriage sadly. Just don’t understand why it’s taking so long to happen as it’s been 5 days now of continuous brown spotting/discharge 😪 
  • Hi, 

this is is so sad :( sorry to hear what is happening. I’ve had 2 early miscarriages but I’ve read lots of times that people often bleed and it’s fine, fingers crossed this is the case for you x
  • Just thought I’d update in case anyone else found themselves having something similar I requested blood tests from my dr took a while to get them done as he wanted them at least 5 days apart I had the first one done last week (would of been 6weeks 2 days at that point going by my last period) got the results today and the hormone levels come back at 67970 ? Which was marked at as satisfactory so wondering if them numbers are okay ? As that’s all that was supplied to me. Had my second blood test today won’t find out the results till next week so hopefully the levels will have gone up further x 
  • If they're marked at satisfactory then they must be ok :smile: - But if you have  a quick google you'll see that looks like a very good reading for 6+2.

Try to relax (easier said than done). I say this from a hospital bed after 3 bleeds from placenta previa even though I'm only 25+5 (so it's earlier than you'd expect bleeding). I'm also finding it hard to relax but I'm just trying to keep hold of the fact I can't do much to affect any outcome, and they'll do their best to care for me. 
  • Hope things go well for you