Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Brown spotting at 6 weeks pregnant?!

Hey
I got my BFP about 2 weeks ago and after 2 previous miscarriages (one at 5 weeks and a MMC at 8 weeks, baby stopped growing at 7.5 weeks) I am extremely anxious. 
I am 6 weeks today and at lunch time I noticed some dark brown spotting. I don’t have any pain and it was only when I wiped (sorry tmi!!).
I was just wondering if anyone else has had this and everything turned out to be okay. I know it’s probably just a wait and see what happens but any reassurance would be greatly appreciated😊😊
thanks!! 
Laurena 

Replies

• Curiosity101Curiosity101 Regular
    edited Jun 27, 2019 8:05PM
    I had light spotting 3 times in total from pink to brown in colour. It was up to a maximum of a single day at a time (and only when wiping) at weeks 7, 12 and 14. I had no cramping or anything else. I only saw the doctor once which was at week 14 because the spotting had been happening for most of the day. They popped a doppler on me and found a nice strong heart beat so were happy to send me home and is hasn't happened again since.

I'm happy to report that the baby is still very much on board and seems to be developing exactly as expected. I'm now 24 weeks pregnant. 

Fingers crossed your spotting is also benign :smile: but do speak to your midwife if you have concerns and they will advise you on what you should do.

• Hi! 
    I just wanted to update this in case anybody comes across it as I know how anxious you will probably be if you are searching this topic. 
    I continued to have spotting on and off (In varying colours, brown, pink, red) until I was about 10 weeks pregnant. 
    I am extremely happy to report that the pregnancy continued and I now have a beautiful baby girl. 
    I promised myself I would come back and update as I found it very frustrating when there was no conclusion on a thread! 
    I hope anyone reading this for the same reason has a happy, healthy pregnancy.
    Laurena 😊
  • That's a wonderful update. Congratulations!  :)
  • That's a wonderful update. Congratulations!  :)
    Thank you so much! I hope everything continued smoothly for you! Xx 
  • Unfortunately, mine turned into a full placental abruption. But I'm the exception rather than the rule  :D Either way I have an almost 10-month-old son and he's absolutely perfect, even if he was almost 7 weeks early!  :D
  • I’m 5 weeks and 5 days pregnant today. I just noticed light bleeding,,, admittedly not loads but I'm scared. Spoke to my doctor and he just said I’ve got to rest. Has anyone experienced this before? 
  • Unfortunately, mine turned into a full placental abruption. But I'm the exception rather than the rule  :D Either way I have an almost 10-month-old son and he's absolutely perfect, even if he was almost 7 weeks early!  :D
    Oh you poor thing, that must have been scary! Your little one obviously couldn’t wait to meet you! 
    I’m so pleased everything worked out in the end 😊
  • I’m 5 weeks and 5 days pregnant today. I just noticed light bleeding,,, admittedly not loads but I'm scared. Spoke to my doctor and he just said I’ve got to rest. Has anyone experienced this before? 
    I’ve just seen this and notice it was written a month ago. I hope everything worked out for you and your bleeding was just a one off. As I said I had spotting on and off until about 10 weeks so it can be quite normal for some people in early pregnancy 💜