Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Maternity leave - help

Hi all I found out on the first day of my new job that I was pregnant. I am now (confirmed by an early scan)6weeks 5 days. My companies maternity policy states that all employees are eligible to their maternity pay from day one. Will I still get this as I technically conceived whilst working my notice at my old job?

the difference is 18 weeks full pay so I’m hoping I’ll be entitled. I’ve read the full paperwork and there’s nothing that states what happens if you get pregnant before you start. 

Advice appreciated !

Replies

• I’m really not sure about this- sorry. Your dates may change though from last day or your period and they use your 12 week dating scan. Fingers crossed you get it though.x
  • I think employers tend to do it that you have to have been working with them for so many weeks of your due date. 
  • Hello Rebecca, I run my own business and had looked at this previously and this as mentioned above would depend on the new company policy and would depend on how long you need to have been working at the company for. Ours is at least 12 weeks. Good luck and let us know how you get on with this.