Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Midwife appointment second baby

hello just curious to see when midwife will check for heartbeat at appointment with second baby? With my first she checked at 16 weeks but been told they no longer do this anymore. When I see her I’ll be almost 18 weeks. So just wanted to know when she’d start trying to check/listen thanks. 

Replies

• Options
    My midwife checked at my 16 week appointment. I was 16+4. And it’s my second baby. I just cheekily asked her if she didn’t mind and set her mind at rest by saying I wouldn’t panic if she couldn’t get one and she was more than happy to try. It was the same midwife as my first baby and we’re on really good terms though so not sure if every midwife will do this. More than likely you’ll hear it first at 20 week scan. 
  • Options
    Thank you for replying. I didn’t get to hear the heartbeat at my 20 week scan with my son that was only in 2017. So don’t think they let you hear it at my hospital only ever heard his heart beat from the midwife. It’ll be the same midwife I had with my son so don’t know if she will check. I do have a private gender scan the weekend after I see midwife so 21st sept. I wonder if they’ll be able to let me hear the heartbeat from the scan