Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

First trimester August to October.

Replies

• @Rockinmom2 @MrsH02 Ok I caved thinking not knowing would keep me awake. But now I dont think I will be able to sleep!
  • @natty2017 what a great line hon! Congratulations!! When’s your EDD
  • @Rockinmom2 quickley google a calander and its 7th May! 

Now I just need to come up with a way to surprise the partner. Hes wanted children fpr the past 5yrs, but I wanted to live a little first hehe. 

I hadnt mentioned testing to him so I didnt get his hopes up... I doubt hes noticed Ive missed a period.
  • MrsH02 said:
    So today I m 4weeks 2days and feel nauseous, my boobs are sore and have grown huge (I already have biggish boobs 34dd) and cannot fit in my bras! I am absolutely shattered too, I’d love a daily afternoon nap!! My hormones have gone wild and I must cry at least 3 times a day for no reason. I’m peeing like mad, and sorry if tmi but I keep getting really bad trapped wind too 🙈
    This is me right now...

• @Rockinmom2 what genetic tests do you do? We can do them but they are extremely expensive here in SA
  • @natty2017 congratulations!!! Welcome to the first trimester club 😊🎉
  • Ladies I am having a panic this morning. I’’m supposedly 7 weeks tomorrow but I’m really not feeling that bad. I’m so worried something isn’t right.  Do you think I should pay for a private scan? I’m in two minds! I just can’t bear to wait until 12 weeks to be told bad news 😢 I keep falling down the missed miscarriage hole.  I keep telling myself not to be silly but everyone on here seems to be having scans way before 12 weeks ...
  • @Sunshine8888 my obgyn said 8 weeks is a good time to scan as you baby has limbs and is moving. Also the heart splits into two chambers so the heart beat I'd more visible and audible. 

You and I both had crazy bad symptoms the first two weeks and I am also constantly thinking its going to end in miscarriage. But my doc said that's because we are so used to feeling so awful in the first few weeks that now without those symptoms we are convinced something is wrong. 

I had my hcg tested and that indicated my pregnancy is moving along.  So that kind of set my mind at ease. 

Maybe wait one more week and then get the scan or hcg tests? 

I have another 16 days to wait till my 8 week scan... so freaking long. 
  • @Sunshine8888 also if there is no bleeding or extreme pain you are fine. 
    It's so so hard. I know. 🌻
  • @TTCat33for1stbaby ok yes I’ll try... maybe we’ve just got used to feeling a bit rubbish?! Its really easy to get a private scan, I just looked and I could get one today if I really wanted!  Just finding the worry so consuming. I honestly can’t believe in the uk how we just have to sit and wait for 12 weeks with no support or reassurance that things are ok beforehand 
  • @Sunshine8888 I know what you mean. But my mother in law was saying that she could only get a doppler (sound) and the day she went at 12 weeks they couldn't find the heartbeat and she had to wait another 4 weeks. Imagine. 

The worry is consuming for me too as it's also my first pregnancy so I have no idea what to feel. 
    Goodluck to you. Maybe book it so long for 8 weeks then you'll feel better knowing you have an appointment.
  • The worry is consuming for me too as it's also my first pregnancy so I have no idea what to feel
    I have been struggling with depression the past few months and im trying not to worry about how I should feel.

First pregnancy and ready for the ride but trying not to stress although this bit of good news has lifted me 😊😊
  • @natty2017 so excited for you. Just keep positive, look after yourself and enjoy this time...

Although @Sunshine8888 and I were on a TTC group together and we felt miserable the first few weeks and now we feel normal and worried. 😔🤷‍♀️

It's so amazing how different women are. 

• @Sunshine8888 @TTCat33for1stbaby

Stress and worry cant do any good, what will be will be and no need to stress about things until something happens.

Like you say just gotta look after yourselves and relax. Who knows what normal is when it comes to the miricles of babies!! 
  • @natty2017 and @TTCat33for1stbaby

thanks for the support. X
  • Ugh I suddenly started feeling very nauseous.🤢
  • @TTCat33for1stbaby oh no!! No nausea at all for me yet. Just constant hunger!! 
  • I bent down a few times and each time became more nauseous... 🤷‍♀️

Oh well one this is for sure, I suddenly feel pregnant again 😂
  • @TTCat33for1stbaby I’m not sure exactly, I know at 9 or 10 weeks it's looking for different variations of trisomy (Down’s syndrome) but also cystic fibrosis, tay sachs and muscular dystrophy. A lot of genetic abnormalities. Neither I or my DH have any occurrence of this in our families, but, I’d really just like to be sure. It’s that feeing of tempting fate, since I already have two. Plus, I really like having information. It really eases my anxiety when there are no surprises (which obviously still happens in pregnancy) but the more I do the better for me! Like, we will definitely find out the gender, it would make me crazy to wait. I could never do it. 

@Sunshine8888 I agree with waiting a week and then doing a scan! If that will help you relax a bit, just do it! 

Try not not to worry about your symptoms ladies. There will be good days and bad days and also some women don’t have bad first trimesters. I wish I was so lucky. 
  • hiya ladies

hope its okay to join you?

this is my 2nd pregnancy, first ended in a MC at 13+1 on 29th april this year. 

i am so terrified this time round as last time i knew something was wrong but no one was listening to me, i lost all my symptoms and im scared of that happening again even though they say it can be normal. 

we havent told anyone yet apart from my cousin who i am really close with. last time we told a lot of people and then to have to tell them the bad news and them not knowing what to say to you we just dont want to go through that again. 

i have swollen veiny sometimes sore boobs, nausea everyday at some point, bad constipation which gives me cramps everyday. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions