Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

First trimester August to October.

Replies

• Options
    Hi @Amnx lovely to have you 🌻
    Sorry about your MC. Some embryos dont stick and usually it's for the best, could be a bad egg or sperm or something wrong with the baby. Hugs to you. 

Congratulations on this pregnancy 😊
    How far along are you this time? 

We were just talking about who to tell and when the other day. Someone wise told me. "Tell only the people you are willing to have the hard conversations with ." 

I told a very close friend today and made sure that she knows we are not out of the woods until 12 weeks. 

When did you lose symptoms? I had very bad first few weeks and now I'm feeling 100%. So I worry also that something is wrong... 

May we ask how old you are and how long you've been TTC? 

• Options
    So I have a question.

When saying how far along do we do it in current or completed terms? 

I have been using the app Flo, andif I use completed mode it is 4+7 but then current is 5+7..  just wondering which term is normally used 😂

Apart from slighlty boobs i havent reached any sickness stage yet, although i seem to starving all day today.
  • Options
    natty2017 said:
    So I have a question.

When saying how far along do we do it in current or completed terms? 

I have been using the app Flo, andif I use completed mode it is 4+7 but then current is 5+7..  just wondering which term is normally used 😂

Apart from slighlty boobs i havent reached any sickness stage yet, although i seem to starving all day today.
    I'm confused too as I've never used the 5+7. 

My app just says 6 weeks today. Can you explain the 5+7 to me
  • Options
    Im assuming 5weeks 7days is the same as 6weeks.

Its more thw weeks I am confused about if that makes sense. I was confused when I found the 2 options. I would have thought completed was the most used term? 
  • Options
    *Sunshine**Sunshine* Regular
    edited Sep 4, 2019 2:04PM
    @natty2017 so I think the drs date from your Last period (gestational age) but some people count from ovulation/conception instead so that tends to be 2-3 weeks behind if that makes sense? So I’m 6+6 according to LMP but that’s based on a 28 day cycle and I’m pretty sure mine are longer so from conception i am probably only between 5-5+6.  Not sure if that is relevant to the app though! 
  • Options
    *Sunshine**Sunshine* Regular
    edited Sep 4, 2019 2:06PM
    welcome @Amnx so sorry about mc, it’s so cruel! wishing you a very happy and healthy 9 months x how far along are you? 
  • Options
    Hi @Amnx lovely to have you 🌻
    Sorry about your MC. Some embryos dont stick and usually it's for the best, could be a bad egg or sperm or something wrong with the baby. Hugs to you. 

Congratulations on this pregnancy 😊
    How far along are you this time? 

We were just talking about who to tell and when the other day. Someone wise told me. "Tell only the people you are willing to have the hard conversations with ." 

I told a very close friend today and made sure that she knows we are not out of the woods until 12 weeks. 

When did you lose symptoms? I had very bad first few weeks and now I'm feeling 100%. So I worry also that something is wrong... 

May we ask how old you are and how long you've been TTC? 

Heya

thankyou, yes i agree that baby was not meant to be for one reason or another. 

Thankyou i am 5 weeks 4 days today. 

Its hard because you are so excited and want to share with the world but then dont want to have the awkward conversation if the worst happens. 

I think i lost symptoms around 8 weeks. The baby stopped growing and didnt ever get to see or hear a heart beat, we found out when we went for an early private scan at 9+6. 

Im 26, 27 this month and have been trying since 1st jan 2018 so quite a while really.
    x
  • Options
    welcome @Amnx so sorry about mc, it’s so cruel! wishing you a very happy and healthy 9 months x how far along are you? 
    Thankyou, you too x
  • Options
    Rockinmom2Rockinmom2 Regular
    edited Sep 4, 2019 8:36PM
    @Amnx welcome
    hon! Our EDD are similar I’m sure. I’m 5w6d today. I’m so sorry to hear about you mc, I can’t even imagine how anxious you must be this time around. I think most women feel very anxious their first trimester and worried that something will happen (I know I am). I’m really hoping things work out for you this time around. 

I have read that symptoms come and go, but women really know their body’s. 

Ehat are everyones EDD? I’m 4/30 based on my LMP but would be surprised if the dr dates it a bit earlier based on ovulation, and the fact that I’m having a lot of symptoms for barely 6 weeks
  • Options
    @Rockinmom2 my due date is 30 April 2020. 

My cycle is 28 days and projected insemination was 5th or 6th august. 

How exciting ❤😊🌻
  • Options
    My ovulation date was the 14th August so only just behind.

It is a very anxious feeling isnt it when you cant have tests and just have to go with how you feel.

My abdomen is bloated and crampy bit of a shame id only just bought new jeans! Starting to feel quite tierd and hungry all the timw at work.
  • Options
    @Rockinmom2 I’m 7 weeks tomorrow based on LMP!  EDD is 23rd April but I do think I ovulated later so I could be up to a week and half behind that.  I think it’s more likely I’m about 6 weeks due  to lack of symptoms! Although I am showing already... I know it’s just bloat but my clothes are getting tight and my boobs are falling out my bras 🙈
  • Options
    @Amnx welcome
    hon! Our EDD are similar I’m sure. I’m 5w6d today. I’m so sorry to hear about you mc, I can’t even imagine how anxious you must be this time around. I think most women feel very anxious their first trimester and worried that something will happen (I know I am). I’m really hoping things work out for you this time around. 

I have read that symptoms come and go, but women really know their body’s. 

Ehat are everyones EDD? I’m 4/30 based on my LMP but would be surprised if the dr dates it a bit earlier based on ovulation, and the fact that I’m having a lot of symptoms for barely 6 weeks
    thank you.

yes I think we are all very anxious whether we have had a loss or not especially when we have all been trying for so long!

yes I wonder if the date will change once I have the first scan. 

based on my LMP my EDD will be 2nd may so ill be 6 weeks Saturday coming.
  • Options
    @Sunshine8888 my boobs are huge. I am a 34 DDD already. Not sure what I'll end up at when I give birth. 😂
    Time for bea shopping I guess 
  • Options
    @Sunshine8888 my boobs are huge. I am a 34 DDD already. Not sure what I'll end up at when I give birth. 😂
    Time for bea shopping I guess 
    Please think your self lucky im a 34G 😮😮
  • Options
    @TTCat33for1stbaby I was a 34DD before pregnancy. God knows what I am now 🙈😂 DH says they’ve got enormous! Oh well, I guess these are all good signs and hopefully mean all is well with our little babies x
  • Options
    Ladies, I need some advice  
    My friend is getting married in February 2020 and has asked me to be bridesmaid. She also said " you better not be pregnant at my wedding" as he sister is also trying to fall pregnant and is her maid of honor. 

She is going to have two pregnant bridesmaids and I need to tell her soon so she can stop me out if she prefers?? I'm very curvy and already bigger than all the other girls, she is a little superficial so I'm sure she would prefer someone else if I'm going to be a whale.... should I tell her after my 8 week scan? Or wait till 12? 
  • Options
    @TTCat33for1stbaby ouch that’s a hard one! Could you tell her that you are actually hoping to have a baby so you can’t guarantee that you won’t be pregnant rather than actually tell her you already are? Then it’s up to her really! 
  • Options
    @TTCat33for1stbaby

If it were me I would wait until the 12week scan when you tell everyone else but make sure shes one of the first to know and say you are happy to stand down if needed 🙄.

There will be plenty of time for her to 'replace you' if she really wants to. If shes a good friend she will understand why you waited and should be happy not an arse 😊

Telling her before may only cause you more stress
  • Options
    @natty2017 do you think you will book an early scan?
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions