Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

First trimester August to October.

Replies

• @Sunshine8888 I have told close family and a couple of close friends. We are taking announcement pictures on Monday and will announce to everyone then
  • Exciting, @Rachel.a21 will you  share your announcement photos when you've done them? Would be fun to see how people announce
  • @lilly 2 Of course! We are taking them at the ball field since our son plays baseball 😊
  • I only found out Friday that I'm pregnant, which should make me 4+1 today
    I took 2 tests Friday and 2 tests yesterday but the tests yesterday are fainter than Friday's, it's freaking me out! I've been googling and it's said that a line is a line, and it doesn't matter how dark it is
    But I'm not sure! I can't phone the doctors until tomorrow as it's closed on the weekend!
  • Ab94 said:
    I only found out Friday that I'm pregnant, which should make me 4+1 today
    I took 2 tests Friday and 2 tests yesterday but the tests yesterday are fainter than Friday's, it's freaking me out! I've been googling and it's said that a line is a line, and it doesn't matter how dark it is
    But I'm not sure! I can't phone the doctors until tomorrow as it's closed on the weekend!
    Did you take them at different times of the day or maybe had alot of fluids the second day? I would try not to stress too much about it and just get some bloods done :)
  • @lilly 2 Yeaah I think I probably had a lot of fluid the second day, it's so hard not to go to the shop and buy more tests!😂 hopefully the doctors can fit me in tomorrow 😊 thank you for the reply x
  • @Ab94 yeah tests results will definitely vary depending on how much you’ve drank, time of day etc. I would get one of those clear blue digital weeks indicators now and try that with first morning urine. That’s better than comparing second lines 
  • @Rachel.a21 that’s so exciting! Look forward to seeing your announcement pics! It felt so strange yday saying out loud ‘I’m pregnant!’ I’ve been keeping it a secret for so long! I felt a bit emotional! 
  • Morning ladies

Into the 11th week - hopefully the last week at work where I have to keep quiet 🤫 

@Amnx @Rockinmom2 how are you doing? We are so close now. 
  • morning ladies

@Sunshine8888 im okay still nauseous but seeing it as a good sign. next Monday my scan is at 11.30, getting nervous and excited now.

how are you feeling?
  • @Rachel.a21 I can’t wait to see your picture I love announcement photos. Will probably alt take ours next weekend. How did your son react? 

@Sunshine8888 how are you feeling? We’re you able to take some meds? 

I’m doing alright. We had a busy weekend, but I’m noticing my energy is slowly coming back, along with my appetite. I still need the crackers a few times a day but I’m able to eat some real food too lol. I have my chromosomal tests Thursday and and getting kind of nervous. What if there’s not a heartbeat, what I’d my blood tests are bad? I’m trying not to worry but will be glad when it’s done. 

Since I’ve been feeling a bit better I’ve had my first real food craving: Mac and cheese. The heavy chewy kind lol. Anyone else craving anything yet?
  • *Sunshine**Sunshine* Regular
    edited Oct 14, 2019 12:47PM
    @Rockinmom2 I’ve been craving carbs the whole time!! No wonder I feel so bloated 😂

I have my blood test and scan on weds, also nervous even though everything was fine on Thursday!  Then I need to try and rearrange my nhs scan because they’ve booked me in for Sunday afternoon and I’m away 😬. 

@Amnx glad you’re ok! You’ve done amazing to not have a scan all this time! 

DH and I have started cautiously looking at bigger houses! It would be a lot easier to move while we still have two full time incomes 😬 but it’s a big decision! 
  • @Rockinmom2 My son was VERY excited!! He keeps asking me a lot of questions about pregnancy and if it hurts in my belly lol my cravings have been anything sweet! Not so much candy, more along the lines of sweet fruit and juice and stuff 
  • @Rachel.a21 what a lovely response from your son, he must be so excited to be a big brother.

@Rockinmom2 I am sure your tests will go well this week, will keep everything crossed for you.

@Sunshine8888 you too for tests and scan, hopefully you can get it rebooked soon.

I am now into week 6 and feeling weird, we still haven't told anyone and its so hard not to spill it my sister and one of my best friends are due at the end/start of the year and I always want to ask if what I am feeling is normal but we want to try and keep it secret till our 12 week scan if we can.  I am trying to convince DH to maybe tell our parents after the midwife appointment in 2 weeks. This is my first pregnancy and there is so much unknown, I've been worrying myself all weekend that something isn't right and something is going to go wrong.  I have no reason to think this just now as no pain or spotting or anything but in my head I can't shake the feeling.
  • @Chellefish how you are feeling is so normal, I’ve been anxious the whole time! I’m starting to have a bit more faith now I’m further on but I still get nervous before every scan and question every twinge! 
  • @Sunshine8888 I know, I have no idea how I have managed to not go and have one yet. counting down the days now. hows the thrush? did you manage to find anything to use?

@Rachel.a21 ahhh so lovely he is so interested and excited, cant wait to see your reveal pic. 

• @Rachel.a21 that’s so sweet!! I was craving fruit, mostly pineapple and grapes a few weeks ago. Sooo good. 

@Chellefish I definitely feel that way. It’s so hard to navigate the first trimester. It’s hard but try not to worry. And we’re all here for support! 
  • @Rockinmom2 That’s so crazy! I was craving pineapple last night but couldn’t get any 😩

• So I couldn’t wait any longer. We posted this picture today to announce!
  • Awww @Rachel.a21 he looks soooo happy 😃 

@Amnx I think it’s clearing on its own thankfully! 

Ahhhh I just can’t wait to be able to tell people!!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions