Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

First trimester August to October.

Replies

• Options
    @Rachel.a21 he looks thrilled! What a cool picture
  • Options
    Thank you ladies! He is very, very excited to be a big brother! He’s only been asking for 4 years lol
  • Options
    I’m really struggling this past week. I thought symptoms were meant to ease up by now but mine are at their worst.  I know I haven’t had it as bad as some so I shouldn’t complain but the headaches, tiredness and nausea are really unpleasant 😬
  • Options
    I remember with my little boy the day of my 12 week scan was the worse day for sickness I was sick all the water up I drank for my scan and i was exactly 12 weeks ... sometimes it doesn’t get better until 14-16 weeks 
  • Options
    @Sunshine8888 with my first I didn’t feel better to closer to 16 weeks. It can be really tough. I’ve never really enjoyed being pregnant like some women do. 

Well, it finally happened. I went to the bathroom this morning and had a wipe full of brown blood. Luckily, it was very brown, no clumps and only one wipe. I’m lying back in bed now and even though I had it with both others I’m still really upset about it. I have my scan on Thursday and it can’t come soon enough. 
  • Options
    @Rockinmom2 like you said it was very brown and no clumps so fingers crossed everything is okay.  you will have to let us know how you get on on Thursday x
  • Options
    16 weeks 😭 that’s another month of this! Eek that’s hard to contemplate. But at least work will know soon and I don’t have to hide it so much 😬

aww @Rockinmom2 it will be fine! But I know it’s horrible having had that frequently! At least only two days until your scan, will you be 12 weeks? 

My 12 week scan has been rescheduled for Tuesday eve 👍🏻 I should be 12+2 
  • Options
    Rockinmom2Rockinmom2 Regular
    edited Oct 15, 2019 2:18PM
    Thanks so much @Amnx i really appreciate the support. 

@Sunshine8888 try and remember that symptoms can ease anytime now. You could feel better next week or even in a few days :) will you get another private scan after your 12 weeks? I won’t have one again until 20!

yes I’ll be 12 weeks on Thursday. I know, most likely everything is ok, but you’re right, it’s still upsetting. Hubby and I were intimate twice in the last three days, so that could easily be the issue, and since I’ve been feeling better I’ve been a lot more active, bike rides, longer walks, yard work. I’m hoping I just overdid it a bit. I’m resting today, and hoping it will subside. Everything looked great at my scan 3 weeks ago, so I just keep reminding myself. 
  • Options
    @Sunshine8888 I hope it eases up for you! My friend had sickness all the way until she gave birth 😳 I felt so bad for her 
  • Options
    @Rockinmom2 yes maybe you have just been a bit too active the last few days but everything sounds good and you seen your little bean 3 weeks ago. 
    ill be 12 weeks on Saturday, and then hosp scan on Monday. 
    the closer it gets the more I am getting nervous about telling the in laws and not having the reaction we expect as we have a funeral the next day, my SIL partners funeral. 
    im thinking maybe to leave it till a few days afterwards, but then on the other hand it could be the bit of good news they need, what would you ladies do?
  • Options
    @Rockinmom2 ahh I’m sure it will just be from sex or exercise, so exciting about your 12 week scan on thurs? I think @Rachel.a21 said that you have 8 week and 18 week scans in the US so how come you also have one at 12 weeks? Is it different in different states? 

@Amnx  hmm that’s a difficult one! I honestly don’t know what’s best 😬 what does your OH think?

Harmony test for me tomorrow. Hope baby is still doing good in there 🤞🏻
  • Options
    @Sunshine8888 How much do you have to pay for the Harmony test? I wanted to do the early blood test to find out gender now, but it will cost me $200 and that’s just too much to know early 😔
  • Options
    @Sunshine8888 it definitely varies by doctor. Most will give you 3 scans. One in each trimester. When during the trimester they happen is determined by the doctors office. I’m getting the additional at 12 weeks because it’s part of the chromosomal testing. They’ll do the scan and measure the nuchal fold in the baby’s neck and the proteins in my blood to determine the risk of chromosomal abnormalities. My second trip scan will be at my closer to 20-22 weeks just because of scheduling. I first came in at 9 weeks and then go every four weeks, so 9, 13, 17 and then my scan at 21. 
  • Options
    @Rachel.a21 a lot more than that unfortunately! Here in the uk they do some basic screening tests free (like the Nuchal fold measurement) but the blood tests aren’t anywhere near as accurate as the private blood tests. I am paying £429 (!) privately but the accuracy is 99.9% and I’m the sort of person that wants to know if there’s any likelihood of chromosomal disorders.  Finding out the gender is secondary to that. 

@Rockinmom2 that’s really good. After our 12 week scan we won’t have another until 20 weeks! That’s a long wait! But we do see a midwife around 16 weeks who will listen to the heartbeat 
  • Options
    @Sunshine8888 I haven't discussed it properly with him tbh, its just thoughts ive had to myself so far. I think he will think im being stupid and that we will get the reaction we want. 

I also didn't know that the midwife will listen to the heartbeat at 16 weeks, that's exciting. 

I find it strange how from 20-40 weeks we don't have a scan. 
  • Options
    @Amnx it doesn’t apply to all areas but my midwife said they are still listening to heartbeat around here so probably best to check the policy where you are. X
  • Options
    @Sunshine8888 ahh okay, ill ask when im next in on 8th nov x
  • Options
    Rockinmom2Rockinmom2 Regular
    edited Oct 16, 2019 12:10PM
    @Amnx we told my husbands parents early, around 8 weeks and we actually did it right after their dog passed because we thought the good news would help. It was awful. They were not excited because they were so sad and it made us feel badly that we didn’t do it the right way and they didn’t react the way we’d hoped. They’ve since cheered up quite a bit and are very excited but that initial tell still leaves a bad taste in our mouths. Just my two cents. Good luck! 
  • Options
    @Rockinmom2 oh really, thats sad. that is what i am scared of. i think i will speak to my partner on the day and make a decision then. i think if i didnt get the reaction i wanted i would be embarassed and would distance myself for a while x
  • Options

Hi ladies, good news today. I went for my harmony test this afternoon and baby has had a growth spurt!  Now measuring 11+6, I can’t believe it! Baby was dancing and kicking, look at its little leg in the air!  Now just got to hope the harmony results are ok, I should get them next week 🤞🏻
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions