Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

First trimester August to October.

Replies

• Options
    @jhunek congratulations!!! I’ve wondered if I might be having a girl since I felt soooo awful in the first trimester lol. I can’t wait to find out. So exciting for you!!

@Rachel.a21  I can’t wait to find out what you’re having!! Hoping you get your little girl, but healthy baby vibes either way :)

since we decided to wait for our 20 week scan on Dec 12, it’s been driving me CRAZY!!! I’ve been dying to buy some
    baby clothes. All the Halloween costumes are on sale and I bought one of each gender for baby next year. It made me feel a bit better lol. 

• Options
    @Sunshine8888 @Rockinmom2 thank you for the girl vibes!! My mom thinks it’s a girl but I have a gut feeling it’s another little boy! I would love to have one of each, but I won’t mind being the only girl in the house 🤪 my friend actually has 4 boys and no girls!
  • Options
    Ooh quite a few baby girls @Sunshine8888 aren't you also expecting a girl ? 

@Rachel.a21 awe I hope you get a little girl ! 

@Rockinmom2 you find out gender in December? Amazing I will likely have to wait til jan/Feb (all being well of course) 

How is everyone?? Have my first scan on Monday , nervous as I’ve had a fair bit of spotting over the weeks ! 

Anyone anything nice planned for the weekend ? 

• Options
    How is everyone today? I feel exhausted!! I had a phone call from the midwife today to arrange my first appointment, what should I expect at this one? 

I also feel a little in limbo at the moment, and almost like I need to keep testing to make sure this is real 😂 the cramping has stopped now so it’s almost like I have no real symptoms if that makes sense. Apart from sore boobs and feeling so tired! Did anyone else feel like this while they are just waiting? 
  • Options
    @Purpledolly0101 how far along are you? Id try not to worry about the spotting, a lot of us have had spotting and all is well! 

@Charlot-2411 I think all those feelings are things most of us felt. The beginning is so hard, lots of waiting and hoping for symptoms but feeling so crappy. Hopefully your first scan can add some reassurance 

a relaxing weekend here, no big plans. It’s already freezing cold outside, so trying to find things to do with the kids so they don’t get bored haha. 
    Anyone else having trouble sleeping? If I’m not having crazy vivid dreams I’m rolling around like a sausage in a blanket. I can’t get comfortable and my belly is already bothering me. It’s way too early to not be sleeping. It’s going to be a long year and a half other wise. 
  • Options
    I’m not sleeping well and waking up super early too... I’m trying to skip the nap today to see if I sleep better 

still feeling so sick and being sick and I’m 13+2
  • Options
    Thank you @Rockinmom2 it’s crazy how much there is to think about and how much overthinking we do!! 

I can’t wait for a lazy weekend, the weather looks pants over the weekend so I’m going to get cosy and not do a lot! I do love this time of year the most especially going into Christmas x
  • Options
    @Rockinmom2 I’m 12+2 ! I’m excited to finally tell everyone after scan on Monday :) 
  • Options
    My little bump bothered me for the first time last night and I couldn’t get comfortable. Anyone used a pregnancy pillow? I’m considering buying one
  • Options
    @Purpledolly0101 how exciting!! Can’t wait to hear how it goes. 

@Sunshine8888 I’ve never had a pregnancy pillow that wraps around, but I have a body pillow and I just ordered a wedge to slide under my belly. The body pillows helps a lot and I’m hoping the wedge lets me get some sleep. I’d say it’s worth the investment. I would’ve gotten one earlier if I’d know sleeping would be so awful in pregnancy lol. 
  • Options
    I have been using my pregnancy pillow for weeks now I just tuck it under my bump 
  • Options
    How’s everyone doing today? 

I’m pretty sure I felt my first flutters yesterday!!! I’m 15w3d. I’m not 100% positive but like 90 lol. I’ll give it a few days are see what happens, if I don’t feel anything else, I was probably wrong. 

I went to bed with the WORST headache last night and woke up with it this morning. It’s awful and that never happens to me. I took my blood pressure it was fine, so o grabbed some Tylenol and am hoping it goes sometime today. I feel useless. 

@Rachel.a21 did you have your scan already or is it this coming week?
  • Options
    Rockingmum I’m almost sure I felt one the Other day it was the way I was sitting I think that made me feel it but I’m only 13+4 but I guess it is possible defo felt like early baby movement. 

I have my consultant appointment tomorrow to work out how high risk I am and discuss my previous birth 
  • Options
    @Rockinmom2 It is this Friday! Only 5 days away 
  • Options
    *Sunshine**Sunshine* Regular
    edited Nov 10, 2019 7:09PM
    @Rockinmom2 that’s amazing, i can’t wait to feel something but I don’t know what I’m waiting for!! Also my bump doesn’t seem to be growing much and this is making me feel a bit worried .. my boobs are still super sore though and the tiredness is still very real 💤!!
  • Options

@Sunshine8888 This was me at 16 weeks with my son. I wouldn’t worry much about a bump yet, especially since this is your first. I didn’t show until 20 weeks
  • Options
    @Rachel.a21 aww thank you, you look tiny! I just look a bit fat around the stomach 🙈 so can’t wait to have a proper bump! 
  • Options
    Rachel.a21Rachel.a21 Regular
    edited Nov 10, 2019 10:01PM
    @Sunshine8888 I am hoping I stay smaller this time around too 😂 I started out at the same weight I was when I got pregnant with my son, but I know they say second babies show sooner, which I can tell I’m more round already than I was with my son at this stage. Getting the obvious pregnant bump is the best part!
  • Options
    @Sunshine8888 I’m with Rachel, I wouldn’t worry about your bump, I didn’t show at all with my first until around 15 weeks and every bump is so different and all normal. Can you feel your stomach stretching at all? I’m not cramping anymore like earlier, but I can feel tightness that I remember is stretching. But it’s hard to wait for the next dr appointment. I kind of wish we could go every two weeks lol. 

@Lillian2410 I’m sure you mentioned it, I’m sorry I don’t remember, why might you be a high risk this time? 

@Rachel.a21 ah! So exciting. Just a few more days! 
  • Options
    Thanks @Rachel.a21 and @Rockinmom2, I haven’t really had any stretching pains for the last week, I did a bit before that. I suppose I could be getting used to the very small bump I do have so thinking I’m smaller than I did initially.  I do have my midwife app on Friday so really hope she finds a heartbeat and can reassure me all is well 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions