Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

First trimester August to October.

Replies

• I’m high risk because my last pregnancy I had obstetric choleostasis- a liver condition that can increase the risk of still birth ... it has an 80% chance of returning this time 
    plus I ended up with an emergency c section as baby was distressed when pushing and he was born with low blood sugars and a large PDA.. I also got spesis of my womb 
  • @Sunshine8888 I haven’t had any stretching pains at all, so I think everything is fine. You’ll wake up one morning and your belly will have popped without warning lol 
  • @Lillian2410 oh my gosh!! How early will they be able to tell of you have it again? And what do they do for it? 

@Sunshine8888 I’m sure your next appt will confirm all is well. The second trimester is when we’re supposed to feel the best, I’m sure that’s all it is! 

• @Purpledolly0101 have you had your scan today? Hope all is well x

@Lillian2410 wow that sounds awful. I daren’t even think about the birth yet 
  • Hi everyone, 

scan went well, my little buba had their hands behind their head which gave us all a chuckle everything is perfect and I feel so blessed ! 

The little one is a bit camera shy I can’t even make out a nub to guess a gender lol 😂 
  • Consultant went really well .. very much put my mind at ease ... baby will come no later than my scheduled section day of the 6th of May which is 39 weeks but could always come earlier
  • Good news all round! I would like to just skip forward a month now please to 20 week scan and Christmas just round the corner! I’m also so so fed up of work atm, it’s just so intense and a real struggle along with the pregnancy. I’m a full time lawyer and I just can’t wait to go on Mat leave! 
  • I’m A student nurse and really struggling ... still have horrendous neausea and sickness and today it reached new highest where I had to get down to the floor before I fainted ... I have no idea what’s going on 
  • Great news @Purpledolly0101 and @Lillian2410!! So reassuring to have a good appointment! 
    Purpledolly do you know how to do the nub thing? I’ve heard but never really known?

@Sunshine8888 I worked through both of my previous pregnancies and went back to work after them. I was so stressed with my second, I ended up on bed rest at 8 months. As soon as I stopped working everything was fine. It was like it was just too much for my body to handle. I worked until my daughter was about two and then became a stay at home mom. So this time has been very different. Even though I’m still very busy, I’m hoping to have an easier time with this one since I can take it easy when needed. Working can be so challenging while pregnant. Are you able to take a day or two off to rest?

i had some bad nausea again last night. It still catches me off guard since I’ve been feeling pretty well the last few weeks. I’ve been having about one bad symptom day a week. Hoping it keeps decreasing the farther along I get. 

Hope you’re all doing well!
  • I’m so sorry you ladies have been so sick! I wish I could make it stop for you. I am 13 + 5 today and have been feeling normal for the past week, sometimes I even forget I’m pregnant 😅 my constant need to pee has gone away for the most part, so that’s good. 2nd trimester will always be my favorite and I’m basically there 
  • Hi all! Sounds like some of you ladies are having a rough time of it! 

I was only saying to my partner today I don’t feel pregnant 😂 I’m only 5 weeks and my sore boobs have completely gone. Still can’t stop peeing and I’m tired all the time! I’ve got my 1st midwife appointment next week and I’ve also booked for an early private scan at 8 weeks just to stop me overthinking 😂 
  • The sore boobs and tiredness has been consistent for me throughout the pregnancy so far. It’s funny how it’s so different for everybody! @Rockinmom2, if we can afford it I definitely don’t plan to go back full time after Mat leave...but I’ll probably have to work part time to relieve the financial pressure 
  • hello ladies,
    I am one of those who are still feeling the symptoms :-( Just had my official NHS scan which put me even further ahead and now I am officially 13w3d with 16th of May as my due date. Our baby girl was wriggling and twisting during the scan  - really fun to watch and I was amazed by how many details could be seen on the screen! 

I had a wave of good energy last Friday and even went jogging, sadly Sunday brought back usual nausea and fatigue. Yesterday and today my digestive system feels on fire and as about to blow up again, feeling sick and miserable... 
    Some of you mention work - I so agree! I am so behind with everything and my mental capability is probably way below pigeons. Thank god I am self-employed and I only have to gather my energy for few client sessions per week - all my other work (admin and office stuff) is just waiting for better times.... 

• @jhunek We are very close! I am due May 13th. It’s so exciting to see them moving on a scan! I have a 4D scan on Friday, so I’m very excited 
  • @Purpledolly0101 love the scan pics.
    how is everyone doing today, sorry haven't been around much in the last week or so, works been chaotic.

13 days until my 1st scan and the wait is sending me crazy, DH wants to maybe tell the parents this weekend (we were going to hold off until after the scan) and I am so worried about telling anyone just now.  I think I have got completely in my head about everything again and i'm starting to panic that things aren't right (for no logical reason).

One of my bf found out a couple of weeks ago that she was expecting 4 weeks after me, shes just been for an early scan due to bleeding and found out shes expecting twins, sent the scan pics over and its amazing to see but makes me want my scan to be today not two weeks time.

Sorry girls just having a bad day and didn't really have anyone else to share with as no-one else knows yet.  DH tries his best but when I am at work my mind has too much time just now.

anyway does anyone have updates to take my mind off this wait.

• I think the wait for the scan is awful isn’t it, especially if you find out early, 12 weeks is so long but will be so worth it! I’ve booked in for an early scan at 8 weeks, just cause I’m an overthinker and don’t want to send myself mad, need some reassurance.

im feeling ok to to be honest, no symptoms at all as of yet. The sore boobs have gone, well almost no where near as bad as they where. I’m just so tired and struggling for energy. Who knew something the size of a grain of rice could drain is so much! 

I’ve got my first midwife appointment next week which I think will make everything a little more real! 

Hoped the next 2 weeks will fly by for you. X 
  • @Charlot-2411 I feel I've been waiting on this appointment since we found out at the end of September, just want to know everything is ok and i'm now wishing we had booked a private early scan but seems little point spending the money now the scan is so close.  I'm just having a right emotional day today I think and having a wobble with it, burst into tears in the work toilets like a right numpty.

Its good you are still feeling well and just tired, the tiredness is a killer.  I've had a couple of ok days where I've actually been able to eat meals earlier in the week but since yesterday evening i'm back to not wanting food and feeling constantly nauseous all day again, had a few crampy pains this morning too and i'm exhausted either cant sleep or my mind is cooking up some crazy dreams.  11weeks +1 today based on my calculations will see how that changes in 2 weeks.
  • Hey @Chellefish I know that weight sucks. I’m 16 weeks today and have 4 weeks until my next scan. Waiting for that one isn’t any easier 😕 it sounds like you’re starting to feel a little better on and off. That should ease the farther along you get. Im only having one nauseated day a week or so now. I hope things start looking up for you. Hang in there!
  • Happy 16 weeks to me!! Sometimes I feel like it was just yesterday we found out and other times it feels so slow lol. I’m really noticing how hard my belly is, especially at night and I’m still peeing a ton, which I thought might ease. Oh well. Waiting for my next scan sucks, but I do have a check-in appointment next week, so I’ll get to hear baby on the doppler at least. 

Those of you have have a home doppler, do you like if? Is it easy to use? Reassuring? 

How’s everyone doing? Should we make a second trimester group or just hang out here?
  • *Sunshine**Sunshine* Regular
    edited Nov 14, 2019 1:43PM
    I couldn’t wait 12 weeks! The early scans and seeing a baby with a heartbeat helped with my anxiety about missed miscarriages but don’t fall down that black hole! It’s rare! 

Now finding the 12-20 week soooooo long! I’m about the same as you @Rockinmom2 and have the 16 week midwife check up tomorrow. I really hope she finds a healthy heartbeat 💓  home Dopplers are not recommended here - we are advised to leave it to those trained to use them. 

I’m still waiting for my 20 week scan date 🙄 just want to know so I can count down! 

I took the plunge and signed up for NCT classes today. They start end of Feb (for those not in the uk - antenatal classes in small groups with people who live locally and due around the same time as you). Basically paying for friends 🙈

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions