Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

First trimester August to October.

Replies

• @Sunshine8888 that's what im worried about at the moment, gone down the rabbit hole quite deep just now. 

@Rockinmom2 16 weeks that's so exciting, soon be time to see the little one again.

after my scan on 27th my next appointment is 8th Jan as it should fall on xmas day and they are closed and she only does Wednesdays so I think that will be a worry for me going that long.
  • I’m still really anxious and I’m 14 weeks ... my sore boobs have gone but I know that’s normal my tummy is very hard too but thought it might get bigger by now. 

I wasnt so tired yesterday but ive had a three hour nap this afternoon/morning but a lot of that is just catching up since I have been poorly, I have been signed off work for a week now and given antisickness that actually work.... so I’m hoping the next week I can really build myself up also blood have been done so at least I’ll know if it’s anything more. 

We don’t use home Dopplers here it’s not recommend as much as I would love one... I’m hoping to go for a gender scan next week I can’t believe it’s only been two weeks and 4 days since my 12 week scan just going so slow 
  • At least we are all anxious and struggling with waiting for scans together! I have 2 weeks still to wait for my '16 week appointment' when I'll be 18 weeks... then another 2 weeks for the scan. Completely obsessed with the size of my bump which some days seems enormous and then other days (like today) seems to have shrunk. I'm finally being more open about it to everyone, eg most people at work know and I'm having conversations with HR about maternity leave. But... with every new person I tell, the "but what if it all goes wrong" voice in my head comes back. Really looking forward to feeling definite movement and so being able to judge that things are indeed all going as they should. @Sunshine8888 - I submitted an enquiry to nct classes yesterday but cant believe how expensive it is £361 for a 19 hour course... have also been told they are mostly just good for making friends and it seems a lot to pay for that privilege!! So... I'm undecided still... need to decide soon as they seem to sell out really quickly. 
  • Rachel.a21Rachel.a21 Regular
    edited Nov 14, 2019 9:20PM
    The wait for scans is the worst! I have a 4D scan tomorrow that I booked at a separate facility to find out the gender! I’m too impatient 
  • @Kleor wow that’s loads! Mine was £236 for eight 2/3 hour sessions. I am paying in three monthly instalments. I have the same thing with the bump! Sometimes it’s there, sometimes not so much! 

I have a very heavy feeling in my uterus and pulling sensation.  Assuming this is just all due to things stretching - it’s a weird feeling though.   

16 week bump pic - 

good luck tomorrow @Rachel.a21! 💖
  • Rachel.a21Rachel.a21 Regular
    edited Nov 14, 2019 10:43PM

Here is my bump-date! The left is from 8 years ago when I was 16 weeks pregnant with my son. Right is 14 weeks now

@Sunshine8888 Thank you! Your bump is so cute!
  • Just had my 16 week check up, it was so lovely. Met my midwife for the first time who was fab. She said it can be hard to find a heartbeat this early but she said because I’m slim (nice of her) she gave me the option to try. I said yes please of course and she found the heartbeat straight away - it was really wonderful and so reassuring. Happy Friday! 💖
  • @Sunshine8888 That’s great news!!! It’s so nice to hear. My doctor found the heartbeat within a few minutes when I was just 11 weeks and I wasn’t showing at all. It’s such a relief to hear that. What was your baby’s heart rate?
  • @Sunshine8888 so glad you heard the heartbeat. It’s such a great feeling!! I also feel that heaviness in my uterus. You bump is adorable!!! Love it. 

@Rachel.a21 Your bump is coming along!! So sweet.  I can’t wait to hear how it goes today. Sending pink thoughts. 

@Kleor the anxiety is a lot during pregnancy. Hopefully having your appointment will help you feel better :) my bump changes a bit too, it’s much bigger at night when I’m all bloated lol. Wishing you a quick couple of weeks!

has anyone figured out the good thing yet. I’m really struggling this time around. I’m hungry quite a bit, but I’d I eat a regular sized meal I don’t feel well after. Are you guys just like making a meal and splitting it? Eating some and then a bit later again? Or am I just having weird problem? I feel hungry and want to eat but don’t because it sucks whenever I do
  • Thanks @Rachel.a21 and @Rockinmom2 - I feel super happy 😃  I can’t believe my midwife could feel the baby move when she pressed down!! I’ve been trying for weeks and feel nothing! Obviously don’t know what I'm feeling for.  They won’t listen to the heartbeat any earlier than 16 weeks in the uk as they believe it can be harmful.  

I am eating little and often. I am finding it hard to eat a dinner portion now, i feel very uncomfortable afterwards! 

• I’m still struggling with eating too sometimes it’s better than other ... I feel like I eat the same things everyday 

i had results from my bloods and everything is fine which is good so I just need to build my strength up now .... I’m almost sure I’ve had movements but I know what to feel for as this is my second I’m 100 days pregnant today !

so lovely that you have heard baby’s heart beat💜

• Well ladies, I got my good news today! Baby is a GIRL 💖
  • Aww congratulation !!! We’ve got a lot of pink !
  • @Rachel.a21 !!!!!! Soooo exciting! Aw, what wonderful news. So happy for you! Have fun spreading the news and shopping!! Haha girls are a lot of fun :)
  • @Rachel.a21 aaahhh delighted for u !! 
  • Thank you ladies!! We were so shocked and just couldn’t believe it. We were fully prepared to be told it was a boy

• She wanted to stay upside down during the scan, so this is the best we could get for a profile lol she was on her head and kicking 
  • Fab news @Rachel.a21! Huge congrats 💖
  • @Sunshine8888 Thank you!! Looks like this will be the baby girl thread!
  • *Sunshine**Sunshine* Regular
    edited Nov 16, 2019 8:34AM
    Yes we need to change the name to ‘Second trimester and our little ladies’ haha! 

Is anyone in here having a boy?? I think some of you still don’t know yet so maybe!! 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions