Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

First trimester August to October.

Replies

• @Sunshine8888 let us know how you get on today😊 hope you see your sticky bean xx
  • edited Sep 7, 2019 10:14AM
    Hi ladies, I'm feeling a bit defeated. 

I'm a foster for little kittens and two died in the last two days. I've had them for 2.5weeks and I've been doing so well with them. Vet says vanishing kitten syndrome. It's common and unavoidable. I'm heart broken. 

I feel like my pregnancy is also vanishing. No symptoms today. I just feel like such a failure today. Maybe it's just the hormones. 😭😭😭😭

@Sunshine8888 please tell me it's good new today with your scan??? 

@KiwiMoomin I'm so happy your scan went well, measurements and heartbeat is all you can hope for, but at least it's good news for you. 

@Bahbah so nice of you to join. And congratulations to you. 

@amnx how are you feeling? I'm in south Africa actually and had to pay for my scans. So expensive and the second one was inconclusive. Which is frustrating but next one is on 20th September 

Sending love and baby dust. 💙💜💚💛🧡❤🌻
  • Hi ladies! Well here is my little baba! In the right place and a nice strong heartbeat 💗 so relieved! Only thing is it seems I’m more like 5+5 than 7+2 based on size so that would explain the lack of symptoms so far.  She did say it might catch up with my LMP date as it’s hard to date this early.  But currently EDD is now 4 May instead of 23 April! I’m going to book another private scan for around 9 weeks I think. 

Also about the bleeds, I need to find out my blood type and then I might have to go to the EPU  anyway to have my cervix checked and an injection of something. I’ve had abnormal cells and cervical biopsies in the past which could be causing the bleeds.  

I’m just so happy to see a heartbeat though. 

@TTCat33for1stbaby I really hope you’re ok, so sorry about the kittens 😢 don’t feel like a failure. Maybe you are just actually earlier than you think like I am. I haven’t been having many symptoms either.  Stay positive 💕 xxx
  • *Sunshine**Sunshine* Regular
    edited Sep 7, 2019 1:46PM
    Sorry I don’t think the picture posted - will try again!
  • Hi everyone I found out I was pregnant with baby no 2 last week .. today I had bad cramping in my stomach and the top of my thigh, I never had this with my first, I’ve got the out of hours doctor ringing back just to check it’s normal. Anymore had this ? Xx
  • natty2017natty2017 Regular
    edited Sep 7, 2019 2:12PM
    @Vikki92 how bad do you rate the pains? I seem to have constant stomach/lower back aches. Mine are just uncomfortable rather than painful though.

@Sunshine8888 glad to hear everything is well!
  • @natty2017 it’s gone to a niggling pain now the nurse said it’s normal something to do with the increase of blood flow but to monitor it and if it get worse call back
  • Congratulations @Sunshine8888 so pleased you got that little heart beat! X
  • Yay @Sunshine8888 I'm so thrilled for you. ❤❤❤❤❤

Congratulations and I'm so glad you did the early scan to set your mind at ease. 

Hi @Vikki92 welcome. Cramping is so normal, hoping all is well. Let us know what your EDD is?? 

• @TTCat33for1stbaby sorry to hear about the kittens ☹️ Hope you are okay! I know what you mean about the symptoms its scary when they go but it could be that your mind is already occupied on the kittens so your not really noticing your usual symptoms.
    im okay today thanks, back to feeling sick again Haha! Let us know how you get on with your scan!

@Sunshine8888 ahhh yayyy so happy to see your scan!! Do you feel more relieved now? Id say thats a good scan for how early they are dating you. Cant wait to see your next scan ☺️

• *Sunshine**Sunshine* Regular
    edited Sep 8, 2019 12:27PM
    Thank you @TTCat33for1stbaby @natty2017 @Amnx @CharHughes💕 the feeling of relief was indescribable! Little baba is currently only 4.1mm which is about right for 6 weeks, by next week should be more like 11mm so expecting the symptoms to ramp up! The sonographer warned me the sickness is likely to be on its way soon 🤢😬 due to increase in hormones! And I found it was my left ovary that did it hehe!  Hope you are all having great weekends x
  • Hey everyone. Coming here from the hoping for a bfp in September thread. Got my bfp on tuesday, I wasnt planning to test early but I ovulated early so continued to test LH in case it was wrong and it gave it away by giving me a positive LH test on tuesday, I was really confused but thanks to @Sunshine8888 having a positive LH test and then HCG test i caved and tested.

I have all sorts of emotions for this pregnancy as in February I went for an early 8 week scan and they were only able to see the sac so i currently have thoughts of excitement and then worried thoughts too. Just taking it day by day. This will be my first.
  • Welcome @Prettyliar25, this is a lovely thread, full of supportive ladies who are all feeling the anxiety of the first trimester. I’m so sorry to hear about your mmc. Could you go for an earlier scan this time for reassurance? I just had one at 6 weeks to make sure everything was as it should be and they found a heartbeat already 💗 it was so lovely! I will probably have another one around 9 weeks to monitor progress. X
  • @Sunshine8888 glad to hear you’re little bean is doing good! 
    @TTCat33for1stbaby so sorry for your kittens.❤️❤️❤️ And here is some love to get your soul lifted 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰 
    is any of you ladies were smokers? I was and since Friday that I saw positive test, cold turkey and quit. I wonder if any body went through this and can tell me if there are side effects that I need to be aware of. I have temper now and don’t know if it’s pregnancy or quite smoking?
  • Hi @TTCat33for1stbaby thank you :) I think my cramps are due to constipation, I had it bad with my first too. My estimated due date is 28th April but I don’t have my first appointment with the midwife until I’m 9 weeks.
    @Sunshine8888 I’m glad all looks good at your scan how did you get one early? I think we should be due around the same sort of time :)
    its nice to talk to people feeling the same anxiety as me xx
  • Welcome @Prettyliar25, this is a lovely thread, full of supportive ladies who are all feeling the anxiety of the first trimester. I’m so sorry to hear about your mmc. Could you go for an earlier scan this time for reassurance? I just had one at 6 weeks to make sure everything was as it should be and they found a heartbeat already 💗 it was so lovely! I will probably have another one around 9 weeks to monitor progress. X
    Yes we are going to look into booking one this week, last time we tried to book they were fully booked they managed to squeeze us in but were going to try a different place this time as I felt they wernt very sensitive about what had happened so fingers crossed they arnt booked up.
  • @Prettyliar25
    Yay, welcome to our group!!! so thrilled to see you got your BFP finally! Yay yay yay 

@Bahbah my friend quit cold turkey when she found out she was pregnant (by accident) and she also had hot flushes, might just be mild withdrawel. How many did you smoke per day? Some doctors will say if you are a heavy smoker to rather wean off, so reduct to one a day, for a week then to one every other day so you quit in 2 or 3 weeks.  Might be worth talking to your doctor as withdrawel can be hectic if you were a pack aday girl. Thank you for the "love" appreciate it. 

@Vikki92 I also get constipation cramping. so bad. But I'm lactose intolerant, so a small yogurt sorts me out :)

@Sunshine8888 I am still so happy for you  -  mine was also left ovary -  uncanny how similar our stories are -  just hoping my ultrasound turns out as well as yours. 

I've decide I'm just ignoring all symptoms, my cervix is tightly closed, bleeding and pain has subsided and I have a scan in 11 days. So just going on with my life now. 
    For those cat lovers  -  All my other babies are doing well -  I have DH cleaning litter boxes due to toxoplasmic risk (disease you can get when pregant)

I'm feeling good and positive today! 

Sending Love and Babydust. Share your appointment info and scans when you get them!!!

• @Vikki92 I had it done privately as I was worried due to three bouts of bleeding/spotting over ten days.  It was worth every penny and I will pay for another one around 9 weeks. 

@TTCat33for1stbaby I have high hopes that you have the same outcome at your next scan. I know I was very lucky to see a heartbeat so early on at 6 weeks so if you’re about a week behind me that would explain why you couldn’t see much on the scan. 

@Prettyliar25 I am lucky with the private scans I think! I only booked on Thursday for Saturday and there were loads of appointments available. Definitely worth looking elsewhere x
  • Hello all, checking in. Hi, to those of you that are new. I’m 33, this is my 3rd and I’m 6w3d. 

@Sunshine8888 I’m soooo glad you had a good scan!! It must feel so reassuring. 

@TTCat33for1stbaby I’m so sorry about your kittens :( how sad. Try not to feel discouraged about your dr appointment. When do you go back? Have you had any more bleeding? 

@Bahbah I’m a former smoker. I quit smoking when I got pregnant with my first one. I wish I could tell you I struggled, but I didn’t. It was one of my first symptoms that I hated how it smelled and tasted. I’d try and chat with your dr and see what they say is best. I’d anticipate any withdrawal symptoms are similar to if you weren’t pregnant, irritability, hot flashes, body aches. It sucks, but your doctor will know best what to do. 

Im doing alright, but looking for suggestion on achy boobs. They hurts so much I’m having trouble sleeping at night. Anyone else?  The other thing is my nausea. I spend most of the day so nauseous and then around late afternoon I feel like I’m dying of starvation. I’m really trying to be as healthy as possible this pregnancy and this sickness is making it so hard
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions