Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

First trimester August to October.

Replies

• Im doing alright, but looking for suggestion on achy boobs. They hurts so much I’m having trouble sleeping at night. Anyone else?  The other thing is my nausea. I spend most of the day so nauseous and then around late afternoon I feel like I’m dying of starvation. I’m really trying to be as healthy as possible this pregnancy and this sickness is making it so hard
    Well im 5w3d so not looking forward to these boob issues 🙈like ive said before im 34G so have put up with aches and pains and bad back due to a big chest for yrs. I think itll be something that will really effect me during pregnancy.

No recommendation for sleeping but I have something called a 'Tata Towel' bit more like a hammock for the boobs and rather comfy.

I havent suffered with sickness yet but ive been doing Slimming World for the past 12months so I am really trying to stick to good eating. But the past fee days starvation has hit and I just devour whats in arms reach 😂
  • @Rockinmom2 OMG my boobies are so sore. And HUGE. @Nattyg I think I'm going to end up at G cup too. My husband commented on how round and fun they look and I was so angry. 😂🤣
    They are so so sensitive. I find sleeping in a soft wireless sports type bra is helping me at night. Also I cant lie on my side too long as my breast tissue aches. 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️ so I've switched to lying half on my back with my legs over to the side. Its so awkward. I've heard using essential oils helps aswell. Will try link the video

For nausea try find a peppermint sweet you like, like hard peppermint or even a gel pop like smint (not sure what you have in your country) but for me eating one of those takes away nausea, and I can eat within a few minutes- just have a glass of water to take away taste. 
  • I'm a bigger girl, and I want to keep my pregnancy weight to 12kgs maximum. What do you girls eat in a day? When you can eat? 

I'm trying smaller meals or snacks more regularly when I can eat. But it's hard as I'm wanting salt and carbs the whole time. 
  • Ahh that sounds so painful ladies! My boobs are tender but nowhere near as bad as yours sound @Rockinmom2

I’m officially at least 6 weeks now, yay! It’s so hard being put back a week and a half! Feels like an eternity! 

I have my first midwife app a week Monday and hoping I’ll be able to find out my blood type then too.

While I love the support on these forums, sometimes they also scare me! Just read about a lady who had a scan at 8 weeks and there was a heartbeat but at her 12 week scan there wasn’t 😢 How awful!! I wish I could afford to have a scan every week up to 12 weeks! 

@TTCat33for1stbaby I seem to have gone past the constant hunger stage and now find it uncomfortable after eating a big meal!  Eating more frequently throughout the day seems to help me.  I don’t think we are actually meant to be eating more calories than normal in the first trimester 
  • I got a BFP this morning! I'm quite regular and I tested early so I'm only 3 weeks 3 days according to my app!
  • @lilly 2 congratulations so happy for you. Welcome to the first trimester. 🌻
  • @Sunshine8888 I kmow what you mean about it being scary! I am trying to not stray from this thread until i have a scan as i dont want to be disheartened even more. Just cant wait to kmow if all ok. I brushed my nipple with my nail this morning and the pain! Felt like id stubbed a toe 😂

@lilly 2 welcome and congrats!
  • Congrats @lilly 2 and welcome! 
  • Hi all, so I’ve been lurking in the background for a few days as felt quite stressed and anxious about everything. Basically I’m 5w1d today and last week I went to the GPs as Iv had chronic back ache and pain on my left side. Obviously the GP is querying ectopic. So Iv had my HCG levels taken as urgent on Friday and yesterday and we have seen a rise, 601 to 1139. Which sounds positive. I’m just awaiting a phone call back from her as she was still wanting me to have an early scan. Has anybody had a scan pre 6 weeks and seen a heartbeat?? I think I’d rather hold out until I’m past 6 weeks so I can be reassured if it’s in the right place that there is a heartbeat. Iv got terribly painful boobs and the sickness is definitely here. I just want to see this baby and make sure it’s in the right place and has a heartbeat xx
  • @MrsH02 I had two early scans due to pain and bleeding, but unfortunately no heartbeat visible for me. My obgyn says 8 weeks is the ideal time, but its so long to wait. 
    I having my 3rd scan on 20th September. I've just decided that i'm not going to overthink this, I'll just wait and let it be. 

The research that I've done shows that bleeding is normal, pain is normal, and if you HCG is going up that is a great sign.

Hang in there! Hoping for a happy healthy 8 months for you! 

When is your EDD? 
    Lovely to have you join us! 
  • My EDD is 10th may, however I have to have c sections as an not allowed normal vaginal births following a traumatic time with my son, my daughter was a planned section at 38 weeks, so I will probably have delivered by 39 weeks!! The only thing is my sons birthday is 2nd may and don’t think he’ll be too impressed if he’s sharing it 😂😂! 
    Iv already booked a private scan for 7+5, as I know hubby will be home for that (he works away a lot). Gp is pushing for 6 week scan now, so 🤞🏻, ideally I would like it next thurs/fri as I’m away with work mon-weds so it’s just a nightmare and I’d be 6+4/5 by then x
  • Hey guys I found out I am pregnant 10 days ago and the only symptom I’ve been having are very sore boobs nothing else really I have 2 apps one says I’m 5 weeks 4 days and the other says I’m 6 weeks 4 days so not sure what to believe especially with the not feeling very pregnant part I have my first appt on 17th September, been experiencing lightening crotch which is painful and annoying slight cramps and no bleeding, however when I was pregnant before and sadly misscarried everything just felt so so so different than it doesn’t now! Like is there even a baby in there! Mixed emotions really:( what do you all this I should do 
  • Hi @Lilsivin, firstly congratulations!! Can you get in to see you doctor or anyone before the 17th just for some reassurance? Not sure what apps your using but is one on week completed and the other one on going in to week?? X
  • @Lilsivin congratulations. Perhaps everything feels different because the pregnancy is going well?? 

Holding thumbs for you. Hugs. 

Sorry about your mc. What symptoms did you have? Do you want to share that? 

My next appointment is 20th so 11 more days. Sometimes it's better to hold out for the appointment date so you can see heartbeat etc. I know, easier said than done. 

Sending you baby dust, and patience. Hugs 
  • @Nattyg that hammock sounds amazing. Maybe I’ll see if I can find something like I. I slept in a bralette last night and it was helpful. My boobs aren’t near as big as some of you guys, I’m o my a 38C, but, if it’s like my previous pregnancies they’ll be a DD by the end. 
    @TTCat33for1stbaby I’m in the US and thought about some hard candy, but trying to avoid that sugar. I’ve been chewing some sugar free peppermint gum that seems to help a bit. I haven’t seen the dr yet, but I would imagine they want my weight gain around the same as yours. I get massive during pregnancy no matter what I do. I ate so healthy last time and exercised and still gained 70lbs. Most of it was water weight. I was down 50 when I left the hospital and back to pre pregnancy within 2 weeks. But it’s so hard on the body. 
    @Sunshine8888 I feel exactly the same way. Ive seen so many people on here who’ve had miscarriages and it makes me so nervous and even on another app I have women have had still births! I’m like, omg you’re never safe and it’s exhausting. I do know that having a still birth is rare as is hearing a heartbeat and then having a miscarriage. That’s what my dr said anyway, it’s why they wait to see patients until 8-10 weeks. If you’ve got a heartbeat then, chances are good everything will be alright. I try not to worry, but it’s hard. 
    @MrsH02 welcome! Fingers crossed for a happy and healthy 9 months. Your hog rising seems like a good sign. This is a great group!
    @Lilsivin welcome! For your due date right now ids just go by the first date of your last period and count on. 

I’m 6w4d today and glad the weekend is over. We’re usually so
    busy running the kids around and I feel like I can’t keep up. We were hoping to wait to tell close family, but need someone to watch the kids for my first appointment. I couldn’t get it while both were in school. We’ll have to tel my MIL and then quickly tel my SIS (hubs sis). I’m not looking forward to it. I prefer to hear the heartbeat and also SIL is having major infertility issues. She’s been trying for 3 years with various things and starts IVF before the end of the year. We weren’t ready two years ago for another, but we were a year ago and waited to see if she could get pregnant. We decided to not put it off anymore and I’m just feeling so guilty (even though I want to feel soooo excited) Any ideas how to beat break the news?

sorry for the long post! Thanks for reading :) 
  • @Rockinmom2 regarding breaking the news to your SIL I would just tell them the same time you tell your MIL as heartbreaking as it is what she is going through she will be happy for you. she may struggle inside and have a bit of jealousy and anger(as I did when I had my MC and then friends daughter was born the same week) but she may be more offended/upset if you try to hide it for a while from her. 
  • Hi @MrsH02, I saw a heartbeat at around 6 weeks so it is possible but not guaranteed. 

@Lilsivin I felt the same as you so I had an early scan to check everything was real and ok so far! It was greatly reassuring. 

@Rockinmom2 ah that’s a tough one! But I agree with @Amnx - you just have to bite the bullet. I’m sure she will feel sad for herself but she will also be happy for you. X
  • Where I live in wales they don’t do early scans, so I misscarried last cycle which at least I thought I did however then fell pregnant this cycle which I no can happen but I wanted to speak to someone just incase I never did and it’s followed through or incase im
    gettkng false positives because it didn’t all come out sounds gross, however this time along cane the sore boobs etc and that has stayed so I’m assuming I am and of course with the no bleeding etc it seems to be going well however I wasn’t pregnant before 2 years ago which also ended in misscarried and day to day routines like smoking for example which I did I couldn’t stand where as now I’m seriously struggling with not smoking so it’s all just weird! The midwifed here don’t seem to want to help and they said they don’t early scan therefore I have to wait until I’m 12 weeks! I’m just so nervous as I have been waiting for this for such a long time so I just need people to talk to I guess! 
  • Sorry for the long post I guess I’m just worried I’m gunna get to the scan and I would of had a missed misscarriage I just really hope not 
  • @Lilsivin I think we all share that fear.  I had to pay for my early scan.  Do you not have the option to have a private one? 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions