Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Left side cramps 4 weeks.

I hope someone can help is it normal to have left sides cramps in early pregnancy? I'm just over 4 weeks.  The cramps are on my left side near the area of my hip bone  Has anyone else experienced this.  I'm so worried and last time I was pregnant it ended in an ectopic. 

Replies

• Options
    Maybe the baby has implanted on that side? I think it's best to get checked out by your dr
  • Options
    I have had the feeling in both my left and right side (not at the same time and days apart) . They say as long as its not like a period cramping you should be fine. However because you have had an eptopic pregnancy (sorry to hear) they might want to make sure it's not that again (fingers crossed for you that it ent). Give your Dr's /midwife team or EPU a call and explain to them and they should sort out seeing you. Good luck xx
  • Options
    I have been to the drs and they are happy everything is ok as I have no bleeding and no tender areas. So fingers crossed everything is okay 
  • Options
    I had horrible cramps for the first 6 weeks. I would wake up in the night sweating because of the pain(and that was with aircon on) I have endometriosis and was worried about ectopic so my dr sent me to the early pregnancy unit for a scan. Everything was fine, although they saw a bleed in the womb...they said it could be implantation but it may be the cause of the pain. They also said it would either reabsorb in to my womb or I would have a bleed...and not too worry too much if I did, but to get back in touch with them. I'm 12 weeks on Thursday and the cramps have really settled. I hope this helps.

P.s if my dr hadn't sent me to epu I was going to pay privately for a scan to put my mind at ease. It's not the cheapest but I was that worried and in that much pain that I just needed to know everything was in the right place x
  • Options
    Thank you @Jettttt123 that's put my mind at ease. I'm glad your cramps have eased and your nearly 12 weeks you can take a abit of a sigh your last the hard it. since I made this thread the cramping has eased alot I still get itoccasionally but not as much and its not always on one side, my pregnancy symptoms have all increased too. Iv booked a scan for 7 weeks which is 2 weeks away. I'm just counting down the days and praying to see a heart beat. 
  • Options
    Oh good, I'm.pleases to hear the pain has eased. And your booked in for a scan. My symptoms have gotten worse too. I'm wondering if I'm extra sensitive to the pregnancy hormone and maybe that the reason for the cramps. Do you have bad headaches? I get on average 6 or 7 severe headaches a day. I have to take codeine for them.(prescribed by the dr) my nausea has become almost unbearable....I thought it would be easing now 😂 on the plus side isn't lots of symptoms supposed to be a good sign? 🤔

Let us know ho your can goes...ky 12 weeks scan is on the 1st of October feels like ages away 🤣 so i imgjne your feeling the same x
  • Options
    Yeah I am suffering with head aches too. I get them afew times a week. For the last week iv just felt sick the whole time. It's my boobs and nipples that are hurting the most they are so sensitive.
    Time does seem to be going so slow my scans on the 5th of October.  I just want the first 12 weeks done so I'm in the safety zone.