Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Brown blood/discharge/stringy - frustrated with doc :( please help

Hello ladies.

Ok, so I am 5wks +3 days. Went to doc today for first blood test.I mentioned to the Lady at reception I had bleed over the weekend & explained to her this is my 1st pregnancy & I am concerned, she said the doc I have been seeing wasn't in today but will be in tomorrow & rest of the week, I was relived.

I then got called in for my blood test , I had it & blood lady said results probably be back tomorrow. I went to reception & asked if I could call tomorrow as I am desperate to hear about my HCG levels, understandably she said we dont give results over the phone so ill book you an appt. I said if I could book appt with doc as soon as possible that would be great she said well I think Friday is best, I said any sooner & she said , ill pop you in for Friday. This clinic is NOT busy, last 2 times ive been in I was the only patient. We are a little more rural so not busy town. 

I am 33 yr old but as growing up an only child, being my first pregnancy, not being able to speak to my own mum im scared. I dont understand why I cant find out the results tomorrow & why reception so unhelpful. Especially when I mentioned the blood/discharge.

My blood is like brown blood you see at the end of a period, & occurred over the weekend, it wasn't heaps like I wasn't soaking pads but it was scuff on undies & also when I wipe I get bits of it & sometimes its stringy / fibre like.

I am very well aware about loosing in the early days so I just want to bloody well no (no pun intended) but I am just concerned, anxious & have no one to turn too. 

My ACTUAL every day GP is away on holiday till 1 oct this is why I am seeing this current doc clinic I dont normally go to.... To add, & make matters more stressful  I am also on medication for a very bad back, I have facet joint arthropathy & disc degernation of L4 L5 S1 - so I am on long release strong pain meds which I have been on for several years same dose , so I am also worried about that! I CANT WAIT to see my reg GP that knows all about me (ive known her since a young age) so I can sort this out as well as find out what this blood is , my HCG levels are - I want to taper the meds to come off them now I found out I was surprisingly pregnant!! 

:( I feel so alone right now, I am so scared ... 

Replies

• Options
    First of all, lots of women have little bleeds and everything turns out to be ok. Secondly, brown blood tends to be old blood so hopefully it’s something and nothing. 
    I totally get your anxieties though- it’s awful when you want something so much. We spend ages panicking about getting pregnant but when we finally see those 2 lines, the worry is even worse. 
    If I were you, I’d phone the doctors this morning and explain the situation again, saying you couldn’t sleep etc and see if they can move your appointment to today. If they can’t, do another pregnancy test of your own and see if the lines are darker.

good luck- I’ll keep everything crossed for you. Remember you can always talk on here so you are not alone! It has been a lifeline for me!xxxx
  • Options
    EmJ3 said:
    First of all, lots of women have little bleeds and everything turns out to be ok. Secondly, brown blood tends to be old blood so hopefully it’s something and nothing. 
    I totally get your anxieties though- it’s awful when you want something so much. We spend ages panicking about getting pregnant but when we finally see those 2 lines, the worry is even worse. 
    If I were you, I’d phone the doctors this morning and explain the situation again, saying you couldn’t sleep etc and see if they can move your appointment to today. If they can’t, do another pregnancy test of your own and see if the lines are darker.

good luck- I’ll keep everything crossed for you. Remember you can always talk on here so you are not alone! It has been a lifeline for me!xxxx
    Thank you lovely thats very kind of you, & it is a bit of peace of mind hearing it can be common. I just worry about the stringy bits that occasionally come out now too ugh.

My regular Gp whom ive known most my life who knows my history etc is away so its super hard this initial stages. I need to discuss my pain medication with her because im stressed it could do something to the development of baby? although I believe its further on into the pregnancy that it can be of a problem if not lowered dose & then completely off them. I want to start sorting out the meds so I can start lowering dose but cant without my doc ughhh ... as the pregnancy wasn't planned we kinda just rolled with it & said if it happens it's meant to be - hence why I am not off the meds yet & my back is a nightmare morning & nights - but I am willing to do whatever I can to come off them maybe they will have an alternative med for the pain but I am still on the dose ive been on for years. I stuffed my back when I was a full time carer for my ill mum , she was terminal without an organ transplant (she survived) but I have no contact with her now , which is sad :( so yeah I feel SO ALONE.

With the brown blood happening,  the medication ... imsuper stressed I dont want the baby to be hurt by them , I could cry right now :( :~( 
  • Options
    Awwww I can’t imagine not having my mum to talk to. That would make things extra stressful for me.

I totally get your anxieties. I think you need an appointment to discuss the painkillers you’re on ASAP! They will either reduce them or put your mind at rest.

I don’t get to see the same gp but I do see the same consultant for a minor blood condition I have so I understand you’d rather see your regular gp but you can’t really wait. 
    Xxx